Home

Do DB Ratings Even Matter?

This is a discussion on Do DB Ratings Even Matter? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Do DB Ratings Even Matter?

so wait, let me get this straight, you guys are saying to edit every guy on every team and then you are editing every incoming freshman every season too? like 25 guys per team each season x (I dont even know how many teams there are, seems like 100)? one at a time?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
If people would just take a look at Gots and Playmakers ideals...the game goes to another level. Myself...yes, i have took the 2 weeks to edit every teams roster...mainly the awareness rating. I have found a starting 4 year Sr with an awareness rating of 38. This is why when you play with a team or against a team and players are all over the place. In coach mode, I think you will see the biggest change in gameplay.

No amount of sliders are going to fix these types of issues. Yes...it took 2 weeks, but the gameplay for me in my coach mode dynasty is 200% better. With a few more edits to the speed and I will be ready to go.

Sometimes I think people want to complain, but don't want to put the effort or work into making the game more enjoyable. Instead, complain that a roster maker left a guy off the depth chart, instead of fixing YOUR roster yourself. I have seen people say...well if I got to do that...forget it. Well folks this is a game...not the real thing, and EA did not say it was the real thing. People like Gots, Playmakers, and the Roster makers try and get the game to realist gameplay as possible. And for me I am truely greatful for their insight.
Come on man...you can't seriously rail on people for not taking two weeks to edit 120 rosters for awareness...

EA should do that...I shouldn't have to re-edit a roster that I payed 60 dollars for.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
so wait, let me get this straight, you guys are saying to edit every guy on every team and then you are editing every incoming freshman every season too? like 25 guys per team each season x (I dont even know how many teams there are, seems like 100)? one at a time?
You take it as far as you want too. I don't have NCAA '12, and am working on a full edit of '11.
I find the smaller programs are a little easier, as their abilities are more realistic, so those seem to go much quicker. It's the bloated big programs that take a little more effort.
Personally, I just enjoy seeing the edited players in action, watching CPU vs. CPU while testing my changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mra85a
Come on man...you can't seriously rail on people for not taking two weeks to edit 120 rosters for awareness...

EA should do that...I shouldn't have to re-edit a roster that I payed 60 dollars for.
Good point, but can you imagine the uproar the casual base of this game would have if a team like Utah State took Auburn down to the wire like they did IRL? Everyone would be screaming how "broken" the game is.

It would be nice if the game shipped with 2 rosters, one realistically rated and the other their classic. Never would happen, but its thought...
Old 09-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

I edit the roster heavily and it's made the game much better. What I do though is play Dynasty and edit only the teams that I play each season because I'll never even see or play against 90% of the other players and there's no need to even touch them IMO.

If you play Dynasty just edit your opponent's rosters and you'll have a much better game.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #38
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Yes, they do matter. CBs with good ratings in press, man, zone coverage are the very first players I go after. FS with fast 40 times are great for my tampa 2 defense.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #39
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:

It is no different then people editing 120 teams just to put in their real names, towns, height, weight and equipment. Or making sure that the depth chart is up to date.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #40
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

its useless to play sports games with default developer rosters. even the phenominal nba 2k11 had bugus ratings/tendencies/coach profiles.

i also am a believer now that with re-rated rosters sliders are useless for me. dont need them.

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »