Home

Avoid Patch & Tuner #2?

This is a discussion on Avoid Patch & Tuner #2? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #17
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
If u do, just delete the first patch before installing the second. That worked for my playbook though they added a few formations.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #18
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Avoid Patch & Tuner #2?

I hate to be negative.... But developers only get to release 2 patches for free then pay for every patch after the second one... Odds are... EA is not going to release a Third patch. They wouldn't sink more money into a game if they don't have too... I know there has been plenty of uproar about the patch, and the only hope for a 3rd patch to come out is if we keep letting them hear our complaints. But EA could just wash their hands of the situation and walk away to work on NCAA 13 knowing that they have no NCAA or NFL competition we can turn to.

This really sucks... we shouldn't have to receive an incomplete/underdeveloped game. We pay so much money for a game that doesn't change much year to year...you would think they could atleast deliver a complete game with less crippling flaws (Transfer fails being my biggest issue with the game). I hope this patch continues to be flamed so there is a chance a 3rd patch comes out. Come on EA....you owe it to us.

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

Old 09-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #19
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
how anybody could play the game with the player tendency bug is beyond me.
This bug only affects default rosters and any new recruits that are edited. The default rosters only last for 5 years in dynasty (I'm in year 6 of my dynasty which I started about a month after release and have played every game). That 1st year, everyone is bugged. The next year fewer are bugged, etc, until year 6 and beyond where noone's bugged.

I'm just answering your question as to how anyone could play with bugged tendencies. If I keep my current pace (which I likely won't) I'll have played 5 seasons with 100% - 20% of the players having bugged tendencies and 25 seasons with 0 players bugged. That's a pretty low percentage of bugged players (for me).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 09-13-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This bug only affects default rosters and any new recruits that are edited. The default rosters only last for 5 years in dynasty (I'm in year 6 of my dynasty which I started about a month after release and have played every game). That 1st year, everyone is bugged. The next year fewer are bugged, etc, until year 6 and beyond where noone's bugged.

I'm just answering your question as to how anyone could play with bugged tendencies. If I keep my current pace (which I likely won't) I'll have played 5 seasons with 100% - 20% of the players having bugged tendencies and 25 seasons with 0 players bugged. That's a pretty low percentage of bugged players (for me).
I totally agree with this. I tend to blow through seasons so quickly that I hardly notice tendency issues.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

were do u go to delete the 2nd patch, or dump it, it totally screwed up my playbook
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #22
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartkgr
were do u go to delete the 2nd patch, or dump it, it totally screwed up my playbook
I think it's in "system memory" or whatever on the HDD. If you delete it, would you mind coming back and confirming that your CPB didn't revert?

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 09-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #23
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

all i had to do was re-save my custom playbook. I went to start a game and it said i had to save my playbook then when i loaded it up in the team management screen i saved it under a different name and i was ok. I did have some blank formations, dont know what that was about but it looked like i had everything that was there earlier, at least i think it was.

But its amazing that they can make a patch and then that patch screws up even more stuff.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #24
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Recruits were bugged before too. Their tendancy would change after signing with your school. I assume this was fixed but I haven't checked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »