Home

is anyone having a problem with bumb & run?

This is a discussion on is anyone having a problem with bumb & run? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2
is anyone having a problem with bumb & run?

When the computer presses my WR, he get held up against a average corner but when my superior corner presses a average WR, they Blow right past him every time almost. i don't get it. I even created a Corner and gave him extra strenth, A+ agility...ect and same result
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: is anyone having a problem with bumb & run?

i play on heisman and i know your problem, sorry but i personally have no solution for you. What really makes it frustrating for me, is when the cpu throws a deep ball after their receiver burns my defender but my corner and safety recover enough to make a play. Then the receiver jumps and catches the ball over them because the defenders dont swat jump balls properly on this game.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by preperationH_raymond
i play on heisman and i know your problem, sorry but i personally have no solution for you. What really makes it frustrating for me, is when the cpu throws a deep ball after their receiver burns my defender but my corner and safety recover enough to make a play. Then the receiver jumps and catches the ball over them because the defenders dont swat jump balls properly on this game.
deep ball defense is very poor in this game. the best way to defend it is to set your settings on conservative so they will swat and not intercept it cause if you have it on aggressive, u will get beat every time going deep
Old 09-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_taul
deep ball defense is very poor in this game. the best way to defend it is to set your settings on conservative so they will swat and not intercept it cause if you have it on aggressive, u will get beat every time going deep
i never set anything to aggressive but thanks for the suggestion. Only problem is if i do that i will go from rarely intercepting passes to never intercepting them.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:42 AM   #5
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

If only I could get the cpu to stop using the bump & run as it is my only major issue with this game. It's pretty sad when these big plays that result are more frustrating than exciting. If EA cannot or will not fix this, I would appreciate if they would just disable the cpu from using the bump & run.

As big of a problem as the no huddle glitch is I feel the deep ball issues are much worse. I would just like to be able to call a vertical route without feeling I just cheated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #6
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

I notice EA usually fix stuff in the game that i neva even notices that was an big issue. like the qb option or the safety not reacting on option plays. fix man coverage. everybody talks about this
Old 09-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

I press every single play.

It is true though that sometimes you may need to go conservative to have the DBs knock the ball down more.

On O, one strategy, you can move a player in motion and then snap the ball so that the DB is already a step behind the WR. It is like the plays where the WR goes in motion automatically only you will be doing it manually.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Esquire
I press every single play.

It is true though that sometimes you may need to go conservative to have the DBs knock the ball down more.

On O, one strategy, you can move a player in motion and then snap the ball so that the DB is already a step behind the WR. It is like the plays where the WR goes in motion automatically only you will be doing it manually.
since u press every play, do they ever blow past your receivers atleast 1/2 of the time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »