Home

Coaching Progression not fixed

This is a discussion on Coaching Progression not fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Coaching Progression not fixed

credit to JalenTigh for posting this in the impressions thread... and if this thread gets closed then whatever, but i thought i would try to put it here if there are others like myself who were very eager to start a new dynasty with fixed coaching progression...

basically (at least on 360) it's not... i suppose this could be a very subjective issue but i don't think many people would want to start a dynasty with only 5 A+ coaches and end up with more than 40 A+s after one season... unless you know something i don't about the Ball State HC, he jumped to an A+ after a 10-3 season

i, like many of you, have tried to be very tolerant of all the frustrations that this game has brought, but when they specifically say they will fix a specific issue and they don't, .....ahhhh whatcha gonna do... oh well

i will halfheartedly try to keep a discussion going on this by asking how difficult you think it might be to run a coaching progression / carousel [sigh] manually through any sort of edits at the end of each season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 02:00 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coaching Progression not fixed

Well, that sucks...
Did they at least tone down player progression so that the effect of so many highly-rated coaches isn't as bad as it was pre-patch? Can you tell?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Is that with the tuner installed?

The patch only fixed hiring logic, the tuner fixed progression.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Is that with the tuner installed?

The patch only fixed hiring logic, the tuner fixed progression.
Yes, with the tuner. I spent several hours the other day re rating every coach thinking it was fixed (I was using a roster set that had dropped initial coaching ratings all the way down to deal with the progression issue prior to the patch and tuner).

I only made 4 HC's coaches "A".... and about 10-15 B+ coaches. The majority of HC's were C or C+ in BCS conferences and D+ in the smaller conferences. I made no "A" coordinators, and only a few "B" ones... most were "C" or "D".

In one season, 37 coaches had jumped to A+, including several coaches from the smaller conferences which had low initial ratings.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 09-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Great. Get to put off my dynasty even longer now.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Ridiculous!!! Spent the last couple days finalizing rosters and sliders and was somewhat excited (far less excited then years past) to FINALLY jump into a dynasty and yet another broken promise and another issue with this game. This may be the biggest disaster of a sports game that I can ever remember.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
Great. Get to put off my dynasty even longer now.
I hate to tell you but I think "it is what it is" now. I seriously doubt they're going to "fix" anything else with the game aside from maybe a tuner to fix the no-huddle glitch and the transfer error glitch for OD (they BETTER fix this and soon).
Old 09-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

I think we can call this game a FAIL! 2 patches still haven't fixed things. A 3rd one is not likely because EA Sports will have to fork out the mula! What a disappointing game after all the hype!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »