Home

Supercharged Defenders

This is a discussion on Supercharged Defenders within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3
Supercharged Defenders

This is not the thread you think it is...unless it is.

I play on Heisman with SEC ELITE'S sliders. Some games are close, some games are not. All is good, but I have one concern about how the game manifests its difficulty.

Some games I play it seems like there is nothing I can do. This manifests itself on the stat line the most in the number of passes defender during the game. Sometimes I'll get even numbers like 10-10 or 8-8. But other games I get them where I have 3 or 4 and the CPU has anywhere between 15-25.

And it's not just a bunch of super LBs either. Some games the DL gets their hands up all the freaking time -- sometimes even skaing backwards to do so. Other times it's DBs being behind (further down the field) in man to man, only to run around and in front of the person I'm throwing to at blazing speed to make a swat or pick.

Have you all noticed this too -- or is this just part of the infamous "Heisman CPU cheating" that is by design.

I'd much rather play on Heisman than AA. I was more just curious if it was just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Supercharged Defenders

Honestly, and I know SEC doesn't believe it - but PCV is reversed. You're playing at 0 value, anything can happen from DB warping, to unrealistic defensive line picks or strafes.

Bump it up to 100 and see what you see for the CPU reactions. I'm not saying it'll fix it because I don't know what and how all the slider values mesh together in that set, but I do know that 100 and the CPU PCV plays less like a psychic machine than at zero. So who knows, maybe there's a common ground of 70-80, can't hurt to try.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Honestly, and I know SEC doesn't believe it - but PCV is reversed. You're playing at 0 value, anything can happen from DB warping, to unrealistic defensive line picks or strafes.

Bump it up to 100 and see what you see for the CPU reactions. I'm not saying it'll fix it because I don't know what and how all the slider values mesh together in that set, but I do know that 100 and the CPU PCV plays less like a psychic machine than at zero. So who knows, maybe there's a common ground of 70-80, can't hurt to try.
I've used your sliders and SEC's sliders. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say I really like them both. Yours have given me a bunch of fun games too.

I'll give the PCV at 100 a whirl and see what happens. There are a number of games where I would be hitting about 60% of my passes if it wasn't for excessive deflections.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

If I get what you're saying you aren't the only one with this thought.

I was thinking this last night when I had finished my game against Buffalo. BUFFALO! I managed to score 43 points but I the first half I had only 10 points to there 14. I was honestly baffled as to how the Bulls defensive line was just abusing my offensive line. Honestly thats the only way I know to describe it. They were getting through on run plays in no time. With an option offense I managed to gain 45 yards in the running game, but in the first half I had -6 yards rushing.

I'm not saying this was all the game just beating me down. I'm pretty sure I messed up in some spots. Not seeing a opening in the line, trying to do too much in the backfield, and things like that. But beyond that the defense was overwhelming my offensive line which is basically Army's with a few upgrades to the run blocking. Yeah it is the Army line but still its a C+ offense vs. a D defense. I'm not saying I expected to blow them out but at least get a little better production than that. I'm just glad when Buffalo's defense stepped up mine did too or I might be 1-1 right now.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

@Matt10: first off, I wanted to say thanks for the suggestion to bump CPU Coverage to 100. It's not perfect, but I'm seeing a lot less of the ridiculous swats (although I did get my first Super LB ridiculous 4' vertical swat). The passing game has improved on my end.

But I'm not sure if it cuts both ways. In your experience, how does User Pass Coverage on 0 work out in your Heisman games? I ask this because I had a few instances in the last game I played of the CPU stealing from the cookie jar. And I've got videos to back it up.

Note that in none of these did I ever control any of the defenders. I can't get it to switch consistently to who I want to on defense, so generally I don't switch unless it's obvious who I'd be switching to.

Play #1: End of 2nd Quarter. CPU calls a slant and I'm in Nickle Man. Pay attention to the safety who comes to help on the tackle (will edit with embedded vids when I get home, CPU here doesn't want to work):

http://youtu.be/2ldY2k0-B3c

Look at that, he's coming towards the play, he's coming towards the play, and then suddenly it's as if the hand of God picks him up and moves him five yards out of the way. Touchdown CPU. I guess there could be a number of explanations, but I have never EVER seen any of my players take that kind of ridiculous tackling gaffe when another player is already trying to wrap up the tackle.

Play #2: Fourth Quarter, CPU down 7 with 3 minutes left. In Nickle I blitz both my linebackers and my slot safety. The CPU makes the right read and throws to the correct receiver. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is what happens to my corner that sees the play and goes to where
the pass is floating (note the CB on the far right):

http://youtu.be/x8TdlOfKndk

Ridiculous. Once again, it's like the Hand of God picked up the CB from where he was -- which was running towards the yellow circle -- threw him five yards away, and then the ball is still so high in the air that the CB still has time to attempt to recover and run back to where he was running before.

Maybe it's time to put my tinfoil hat on -- but I don't know how else to explain these two videos except that the CPU is abusing its control of my team to get back into the game. And that play tied the score near the end of the 4th quarter.

Last edited by waytofailself; 09-17-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

Fixed the vids in the video. Stupid work computer that uses IE.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

You got Heisman'd. There are games where if the computer wants you to lose, there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. It is really really REALLY hair-pullingly frustrating. I am ok with losing (I play as Ball State - I WANT to lose), but I'm not ok feeling like I got cheated.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
You got Heisman'd. There are games where if the computer wants you to lose, there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. It is really really REALLY hair-pullingly frustrating. I am ok with losing (I play as Ball State - I WANT to lose), but I'm not ok feeling like I got cheated.
I wonder if it is that simple of an explanation? I only say that because I usually watch a replay when the CPU scores to see what happened. I have not seen this behavior until the latest patch/tuner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »