Home

Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school?

This is a discussion on Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #49
Rookie

romeosdistress's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school?

I got offered HC at baylor after one season as OC for arkansas state.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #50
Rookie

snowa16's Arena

OVR: 0

I started off as the OC at Memphis then took the OC job at Texas Tech and won the NC there. After that I moved to Vandy as the HC and turned down the FSU HC job in year 4. Every team I had was in the top 10 in offense and scoring while I was the OC.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #51
Rookie

strive's Arena

Quote:
I don't care how far WVU has fallen, they aren't going to hire the OC from SDSU.
lol? WVU isn't a blue blood program. They just hired a guy 2 years removed from being Houston's OC which is comparable to what my coach was at if not worse. Hell Rich Rod, was HC @ Tulane or Toledo(I can't remember which one) for only two/three years, and had ONE 10+ win season. WVU isn't Miami, USC, Notre Dame, etc. I find Michigan hiring Brady Hoke more baffling than WVU hiring my OC.

WVU IIRC is a 5star(Maybe a 4star) in the game at the start, and they fell two or one star in 4 years. That isn't horrible, considering how poorly they had been in my dynasty. They had one winning season and three losing ones.

However that said, I don't think the CC is close to where it needs to be. Lots of things wrong with it, and Prestige rate needs to be tuned as well.

Last edited by strive; 09-19-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

I started at as the DC for Eastern Michigan on a 1 year deal. Then I took the Baylor DC and stayed for 2 years on a 3 year contract. Eastern Michigan offered me the HC position. Even though I really liked coaching for Baylor, I took the Eastern Michigan job because of my history with them. It was a 1 year contract. Following that year, Michigan offered me the HC job. Of course I took it. It was less than 10 miles down the road and I wouldn't have to buy a new house.

It really just depends on what jobs open up. I was frustrated early because I wanted a big time position and wasn't offered any. At least not as a HC. After my 1 year as a HC for Eastern Michigan, I was offered most of the big time positions that were available at the time: Texas, Nebraska, Miami, and of course Michigan.

It just takes patience and a lot of winning.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #53
Rookie

You just have to be patient. I started at WKU as OC. Stayed for 5 years. Mainly because I didn't like other offers and had a stud recruit I wanted to play with. Went to a bowl game in years 4 and 5 but lost both to UCF.

Then Wisconsin offered me the OC job.took it over South Carolina. Went 12-1, winning the Rose Bowl against....UCF..justice.

Next year the 6 star Buckeyes offered me the head coaching job. I beat then handily while at Wisconsin and they went 9 and 4. NOw in year 2 with them. Won the Rose Bowl in year 1. So far in year 2 I am 13-0. Waiting to play Texas A&M for the national championship
NCAA - Ohio State - NC State
Old 09-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #54
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strive
lol? WVU isn't a blue blood program. They just hired a guy 2 years removed from being Houston's OC which is comparable to what my coach was at if not worse. Hell Rich Rod, was HC @ Tulane or Toledo(I can't remember which one) for only two/three years, and had ONE 10+ win season. WVU isn't Miami, USC, Notre Dame, etc. I find Michigan hiring Brady Hoke more baffling than WVU hiring my OC.
How is what I said funny? It would be hilarious if in real life WVU hired SDSU's OC. It's not going to happen and is not realistic. WVU is a major conference team. A major conference team does not hire a mid major coordinator to be their HC. It just would not happen. You're getting into semantics trying to justify why it was legit. Rich Rod was the HC. Big difference between OC and HC. A major conference team would hire a guy who was an HC at a mid major. Happens all the time. Holgorsen was an OC at a major conference team. There's a big difference between that and the OC from SDSU. There just is. You can enjoy your game and have fun how you want - that's your prerogative. But it doesn't make the game realistic at all and that's why I'm vying for.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #55
Rookie

strive's Arena

SDSU wasn't a nobody mid major in my dynasty four years in. They had three very good years, and prestige wise were in a superior conference and were a superior team. On paper this move is the exact same as Holgerson to WVU that happened this past offseason.

It might not be as realistic to you, but it isn't nearly as farfetched or broken as you want to believe. The real culprit is prestige progression, but even the WVU isn't a landmark job.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »