Home

A Letter to EA and to all the community sites

This is a discussion on A Letter to EA and to all the community sites within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 02:28 AM   #73
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: A Letter to EA and to all the community sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I know 76% of all statistics are made up on the spot, but NCAA 13 will sell 85% fewer copies? 1000x better? EA completely ignores the community? Don't you think being so overdramatic might make whatever point is buried in that post a little harder to get across? This is part of the problem with the OP as well.

As for the rest, this is a wishlist thread now too or what?
Agreed. When people start making up statistics and over exaggerating them for effect, most of the rational readers start to lose interest. Same when hyperbole is used for the same effect.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:35 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 7

Unfortunately, the game has gone down hill from a quality control standpoint. Granted, with websites like this one, people are much more aware of the problems these days. Some of that is on the hardcore gamers who scrutinize the game, but some of it is also on the street team marketing style that is done to blitz those gamers with promises. The NCAA is on its death bed with the coming of super conferences, maybe these silly exclusively licenses will be at end as well.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:38 AM   #75
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I know 76% of all statistics are made up on the spot, but NCAA 13 will sell 85% fewer copies? 1000x better? EA completely ignores the community? Don't you think being so overdramatic might make whatever point is buried in that post a little harder to get across? This is part of the problem with the OP as well.
Well mestevo, we all know where you stand in your dedication to EA and the fact that you feel the need to defend their every move... or, in the past two months... their lack of any move at all in communicating w/ the community. So I take what you post w/ a grain of salt.

Over dramatic? You don't think it's "over dramatic" to promote a game w/ so many new features and all are broken and then we get a message from Ben saying the patch will fix all AND... you won't have to recreate your Custom Playbooks, only to find out that is a 100% lie. That number is not exaggerated. That's spot on. What they told us about the patch is 100% wrong.

So get back to me when you actually have a leg to stand on.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 02:45 AM   #76
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Well mestevo, we all know where you stand in your dedication to EA and the fact that you feel the need to defend their every move... or, in the past two months... their lack of any move at all in communicating w/ the community. So I take what you post w/ a grain of salt.

Over dramatic? You don't think it's "over dramatic" to promote a game w/ so many new features and all are broken and then we get a message from Ben saying the patch will fix all AND... you won't have to recreate your Custom Playbooks, only to find out that is a 100% lie. That number is not exaggerated. That's spot on. What they told us about the patch is 100% wrong.

Dude, it was the made up, unrealistic statistics that he had an issue with. As do i. There is no way the game will drop 85% in sales. Do you really think 13 year old jimmy from Iowa is not going to buy the game because it isn't significantly improved?
Old 09-15-2011, 02:52 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Agreed. When people start making up statistics and over exaggerating them for effect, most of the rational readers start to lose interest. Same when hyperbole is used for the same effect.
Are you satisfied with the game? Do you feel that EA has done a good job and earned your money? would you do anything different if you had the responsibility of developing an NCAA exclusive title?

Just answer the questions and don't give us any BS.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:58 AM   #78
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller11
Are you satisfied with the game? Do you feel that EA has done a good job and earned your money? would you do anything different if you had the responsibility of developing an NCAA exclusive title?

Just answer the questions and don't give us any BS.
BS? Making up asinine over the top statistics are BS. That's where my issue is. Saying EA's sales will drop 85%? In what world is that anywhere near realistic?

Have they done a good job for my money? I would say i got my 60 dollars worth of enjoyment out of it. Has there been frustration on my part? Absolutely?

I would do a lot of things differently, license or not. I would go a lot of different routes when it came to design decisions, but having the license or not having the license would have no bearing on my decisions. To me the license is a non-factor since this game in particular has never really had any competition.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:59 AM   #79
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
Dude, it was the made up, unrealistic statistics that he had an issue with. As do i. There is no way the game will drop 85% in sales. Do you really think 13 year old jimmy from Iowa is not going to buy the game because it isn't significantly improved?
Thank You.

I think many of the points in this thread are valid. But when you start over-emphasizing things or making up outrageous claims or statistics simply for effect, you lose credibility with anyone with a shred of rationality.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:00 AM   #80
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death

So you believe saying EA's sales dropping 85% is a leg to stand on?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »