Home

What do you guys do with the WAC Conference in Dynasty?

This is a discussion on What do you guys do with the WAC Conference in Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What do you guys do with the WAC Conference in Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
The biggest issue with that is that they play lots of FCS teams due to the small conference size which means they win a lot of games which means they progress and get ranked. In my last season, an 11-1 SJSU was ranked #6 going into bowl season! They're now a 4* program. It sucks for these crappy teams to become high prestige teams because their schedule is loaded with automatic wins, but I'm really loving my setup now as it is.
Very true, but it's fixable; personally I just create coaches for their teams pre-season, change the schedule to as few FCS as possible, then after moving to week one change the coach to computer ran, and I always just run a coordinator when I do that so I don't impact the head coach's prestige. I always keep coaching habits & details the same so if the coordinator wants to move after 1 season he totally can, and nothing changes with the defense either.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Typically I just leave Idaho, NMSU, SJSU, and Utah State in there and add Texas State (I swap out North Texas) as well as some Conference USA teams.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcordloh
Very true, but it's fixable; personally I just create coaches for their teams pre-season, change the schedule to as few FCS as possible, then after moving to week one change the coach to computer ran, and I always just run a coordinator when I do that so I don't impact the head coach's prestige. I always keep coaching habits & details the same so if the coordinator wants to move after 1 season he totally can, and nothing changes with the defense either.
This is awesome! I did this in '11 and when I deleted my created coach, the original coach took over the team again. When I did this in '12 the created coach stayed which meant that I lost all history on the previous coach.

It never occurred to me to do this with a coordinator instead of a HC. I'm gonna do that during my next preseason. This'll allow me to do some schedule changes and, more importantly, fix borked depth charts.

Thanx!
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #12
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
In mine, after Nevada, Hawai'i', and Fresno leave the WAC picked up Rice, North Texas, and Wyoming to bring them back to 8 teams. I felt Rice/North Texas were a decent approximation of the FCS Texas teams the WAC is bringing in, and Wyoming to round it out.

I might swap Idaho from the WAC for New Mexico for rivalry reasons.
I am in the middle of my first season with LA Tech and kind of wondered how to approach this...

I like this suggestion...thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offbeatkdub
I created Texas State and UTSA and imported them. But I think I got rid of a couple teams (Fresno and Hawaii I think).

I didn't mind who I got rid of, but I went to Texas State so I always create them and I wanted their future rival (who we have never played in real life before) to be in with them.
Can I still do this after my dynasty completes year one?

Who did you base your created teams off of?

How did you decide on their O and D styles, etc.?

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #13
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I am in the middle of my first season with LA Tech and kind of wondered how to approach this...

I like this suggestion...thanks!

Can I still do this after my dynasty completes year one?

Who did you base your created teams off of?

How did you decide on their O and D styles, etc.?

Thanks!
unfortunately any created teams have to be imported before you start the dynasty. Hopefully a future release of the game allows more flexibility, like raising the max teams cap, allowing teams to be imported or even removed during the the dynasty, and allowing the creation/deletion of conferences as the dynasty progresses. Also more control over conference name, logo, and ALL bowl tie ins would be fantastic.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:28 AM   #14
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
unfortunately any created teams have to be imported before you start the dynasty. Hopefully a future release of the game allows more flexibility, like raising the max teams cap, allowing teams to be imported or even removed during the the dynasty, and allowing the creation/deletion of conferences as the dynasty progresses. Also more control over conference name, logo, and ALL bowl tie ins would be fantastic.
Ah, thanks for the info...and the suggestion for the WAC that I should still be able to make happen...

I assume you can move teams that already exist in the game around in the offseason, correct?
Old 09-17-2011, 05:25 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

What I've done is move Arkansas State & North Texas to the WAC making 7 schools for both the WAC & Sun Belt. Seems logical because North Texas & Arkansas State are rivals in the game and are located in an area where I could see the WAC inviting them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #16
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcordloh
I just looked into this and even if I were to use coordinators, I'd still lose stuff on them. First, I'm not sure if I can create a coach with the correct prestige as the coordinator that I'm replacing. If so, great, if not, that'd suck. Secondly, coordinators actually have some stuff that they'd lose:
  • Years with team
  • Winning seasons (this one would suck to lose)
  • Coach of the Year (I've had more coordinators win this in my OD than HCs)
  • Award winners (OCs get credit for offensive award winners and likewise for DCs)
  • All Americans (again, OCs get credit for offensive AAs, etc)
  • Heisman winners (Coordinators get credit if a guy on their side of the ball wins the Heisman)
Since I'd rather not lose that stuff, I'll probably just have to deal with the borked depth charts and bad schedules.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »