Home

Custom Playbook Type

This is a discussion on Custom Playbook Type within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Custom Playbook Type

So here is my dilemma and I wanted to run it past some other people, just to see what everyone else's thoughts were.

I am working on a new custom playbook, it will be a multiple/balanced attack, but everything is going to work off of an I formation/two back look. My Ace will have all automotion to create an I look, then I will have true I sets, Pistol with two backs and Shotgun Wing formations. It will be a balanced attack, but most of my runs will be option based (triple from the I and Pistol/read from the gun).

Here are the problems I am running into though:

1) I want to minimize the number of forced formations in my book. Nothing annoys me more than having those 1 play forced formations in my book and there are more of them now than there were before the patch. The minimum plays pop up comes up in a ton of base playbooks and it won't let me remove formations. It is usually SG Normal, the Y Trips formations, Spread and a few others. So the first thing is to limit these.

2) I want a unique wildcat or goal line set. I could sacrifice this in certain situations, but playbooks like Notre Dame/UAB, Rutgers, Nebraska have unique WC and books like VT, TCU and Penn State have unique goal line.

3) I'd like to have I Tight with a load option. This one is ridiculous, I shouldn't need to pick a playbook off this, why it was taken out as a selectable formation boggles my mind.

As far as I can tell right now, only one playbook fits all of these... Rutgers. It gives me a very unique WC, has I Tight with a load option and the only gun formation it forces on me is Wing Trips Wk (which I would put in my book regardless).

Will the style (pro/spread/pistol/multiple) of my playbook have an effect on the type of recruits that want to play for me and how my roster will be put together in terms of walk ons. The custom playbook I am putting together is listed as "pro" style (it is Rutgers as a base) but the personnel won't include a fullback, despite the game telling me I need to recruit one.

If YES, could I trick the system by selecting a different base offense in coach philosophy (a spread offense) and then picking my custom Rutgers based book when I start a game?

I hate the feeling of having a pro-style styled book, and don't want it listed as that anywhere, because it isn't at all. But that is the only book fulfilling my requirements.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »