Home

The last and final resort to improve the game for next year

This is a discussion on The last and final resort to improve the game for next year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The last and final resort to improve the game for next year

Hey! Woah Woah Woah -

I say stop hating on this guy. He's right (kinda) about having to cheese it up and hack away to compete with the top tier of this game. It would be great if that stuff stopped happening and all players were on an even keel. Two examples (from last year, because '12 is a disaster):

First let me prompt this by saying that over the course of a year I have become (in '11) probably the strongest runner in the game (xbox). I say that with pride and not boastfulness. I spent many hours breaking things down and sculpting my offense.

1. I'm in a game against the top player in xbox last year (young 24 go hard) and its LSU v WISC (me). Every time he gets the ball he sends a lob into double and triple coverage for a user completion. He's doing everything cheesy on the pass game - dropping 35 yds, throwing backwards on a scramble, warping to the ball on user out routes, making 40 yd completions while getting pasted in the backfield. Me, I'm calm and collected. Running with efficiency and power. Using the clock. Slowing things down and holding the ball in my possession for 3/4 of the game. When it gets down to it, he scores with 1:12 left and he's down by 2. Of course he goes for 2 and I swat it out of the 3-3-5. He sees the game over for him (it was btw) and what's next? He tries the pause/freeze glitch. I had to wait him out for over an hour before he realized he wasn't gonna pull that BS off on me and finally sends a message "gg". I told him he was ridiculous.

2. WISC (me) v AKRON (one of the worst teams in the game). My opponent had a good record, so I was confused in his choice of teams. Well, it turns out he was the worst cheeser I've ver met. He would analyze my D, call an audible (or three), send a guy in motion for a split second and insta-pass to that receiver. No matter what I did, he got the completion either through frozen defensive AI or warping receivers. This guy had everything labbed up. He ended up beating me after doing this for four quarters straight. In fact, he was so impressed with my run game and defensive strength he actually felt bad for beating me the way he did. He voice chats me and tells me openly that he and his boys cheese like this all the time and apologized. Further, he says that he wants me to play against some of his boys cuz my run game would drive them insane. I have never heard such comments from a player until that point. There was so much cheese in the game, that he actually had regret.

So, to my earlier point - the OP may have a point. It may not be a well delivered point, but as you can see, some players out there (usually top tier) all use some form of this BS.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

Inb4 closing.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:45 AM   #11
Rookie

NothingTrivial's Arena

I don't see why all of these people that claim all top tier guys on the game are cheesers, decide hey im gonna play this guy that I openly claim is a cheeser.....and then they are upset and amazed that they turn out to be a *GASP* CHEESER!

Im not saying that the top teir guys arent cheesers, because in reality most of them are. In all honesty though when you know a guy is a cheeser and decide to play them...how much common sense does it take to figure out they are going to cheese? I haven't had that many bad experiences online....I dont know if I have a special edition or something because my game allows me to choose who I play. For every cheeser in play now games there is 2 legit guys on these boards or others that are always up for a good game.

A little common sense would take these people a long way in their online gaming experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #12
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Some reason this OP sounded like one of those gambling commercials I hear on sports talk radio that swear they have a 100% winner and all I have to do is call this number to get my free prediction.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #13
#nouss

WyxHarmon's Arena

OVR: 18

So you say "Four Verticals"???

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GROUNDBREAKING.

HOW MUCH LABBING DID YOU DO TO FIND THAT OUT
Ravens

73 - 72
Old 09-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32
"secrets" ... in my college football game? Impossible I say.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
Rookie

Good luck with that buddy!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingTrivial
I don't see why all of these people that claim all top tier guys on the game are cheesers, decide hey im gonna play this guy that I openly claim is a cheeser.....and then they are upset and amazed that they turn out to be a *GASP* CHEESER!

Im not saying that the top teir guys arent cheesers, because in reality most of them are. In all honesty though when you know a guy is a cheeser and decide to play them...how much common sense does it take to figure out they are going to cheese? I haven't had that many bad experiences online....I dont know if I have a special edition or something because my game allows me to choose who I play. For every cheeser in play now games there is 2 legit guys on these boards or others that are always up for a good game.

A little common sense would take these people a long way in their online gaming experience.
Dumb post, if EA didnt give them the tools to cheese they would have no chance of winning a game against a good sim player. How about they do what the OP is implying. Fix these stupid glitches that these cheesers are using to exploit the A.I. Also get rid of the stupid Gameplay settings so that ratings matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »