Home

Fumbles

This is a discussion on Fumbles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Fumbles

Another 3 games and no fumbles.

This game is going back. Unfortunately no one mentioned the lack of fumbles in any of trhe reviews. Almost every other on the field concern, I believe I could fix with sliders, but this......Once again, EA breaks something to make the game even more non-sim than it was in previous years.

How can a game De-volve this much over the years?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I see a normal amount of fumbles. Regular sliders on AA. Really, returning a game because of lack of fumbles? Have you heard of the strip ball button? It works like a charm.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
I see a normal amount of fumbles. Regular sliders on AA. Really, returning a game because of lack of fumbles? Have you heard of the strip ball button? It works like a charm.
Yes, it would be the same as a baseball game without errors or a basketball game without steals. If you are into stats, it important.

And even if I could strip the ball on the AI, what about the AI stripping the ball on me? I don't even have to cover up the ball. Even try to juke and spin out of tackles to raise the probability of a fumble, but I don't see any. None. Even with human RB ability at 0 on Heisman, I don't see any.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #36
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
No, the Median is 1.7 fumbles per game in real life. .6 fumbles would lead the nation in least fumbles most years.

What sliders did you use to see a RB fumble? I never seen it happen even tried lowering ability to 0.
Thanks Fist. I just played another game with a fumble last night, so that makes it 7, in 11 games. I know its not perfect, but I suppose I can live with it.

For those of you who aren't getting fumbles, isn't their an adjustment you can make to make it more likely? You could try that, and then adjust sliders accordingly.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 09-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
No, the Median is 1.7 fumbles per game in real life. .6 fumbles would lead the nation in least fumbles most years.

What sliders did you use to see a RB fumble? I never seen it happen even tried lowering ability to 0.
You can't just use averages. You have to use ranges.

Min fumbles forced per game per team last year was 0.25; recovered was also 0.25.
Max fumbles forced per game per team was 1.67 and recovered was 1.54.

As long as you are in that range it's realistic. If you try to hit the average in every stat, you are going to just complain all the time. It's like playing with Army and you are upset that you the passing yards in your game aren't realistic. After 11 games, I see 1.9 total fumbles forced total and 1.1 fumbles recovered. Completely normal. 0.6 may seem low, but it's still normal.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Thanks Fist. I just played another game with a fumble last night, so that makes it 7, in 11 games. I know its not perfect, but I suppose I can live with it.

For those of you who aren't getting fumbles, isn't their an adjustment you can make to make it more likely? You could try that, and then adjust sliders accordingly.
Madden has a fumble slider. NCAA does not, I have lowered RB ability to 0 and it doesn't seem to work. Raising Tackling just causes more big hits, but not any more fumbles.

It takes an element of strategy out of the game. Do you risk having your speedster in the game who could fumble or do you put in the sure handed balanced back? Doesn't matter with this game, just use the speed back, always.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #39
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Madden has a fumble slider. NCAA does not, I have lowered RB ability to 0 and it doesn't seem to work. Raising Tackling just causes more big hits, but not any more fumbles.

It takes an element of strategy out of the game. Do you risk having your speedster in the game who could fumble or do you put in the sure handed balanced back? Doesn't matter with this game, just use the speed back, always.
I personally am having more fun with this game than any other sports game I've ever played not named CH2K8 so I think it's worth a shot to make it playable. I don't know if you want to give fumbles another shot before returning it, but you could try the following. I don't do this so I have no idea if it'd work. You could try always playing with aggressive running. This is supposed to cause you to break more tackles but at the risk of fumbling more. If it works, then you should see more fumbles, but I'm sure you'd have to turn up CPU tackling to compensate so that your guys aren't just running everyone over all the time.

I'd give it a shot before returning the game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 09-27-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
You can't just use averages. You have to use ranges.

Min fumbles forced per game per team last year was 0.25; recovered was also 0.25.
Max fumbles forced per game per team was 1.67 and recovered was 1.54.

As long as you are in that range it's realistic. If you try to hit the average in every stat, you are going to just complain all the time. It's like playing with Army and you are upset that you the passing yards in your game aren't realistic. After 11 games, I see 1.9 total fumbles forced total and 1.1 fumbles recovered. Completely normal. 0.6 may seem low, but it's still normal.
I see 0 fumbles. I have maybe seen 2 from QB's in 25 games, but 0 from RB's.

Your thought on ranges using a min/max is misleading, there will always be an exception to the rule hanging in the opposite ends. You need to look at averages. The scoring rannge this year is something like 5 points per game low and 59 points high....So if your games were all ending up 7-6, you'd be within the scoring range, same if all your scores were 56-49.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »