Home

CPU signing recruits for me despite...

This is a discussion on CPU signing recruits for me despite... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #25
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CPU signing recruits for me despite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twimstaxs
This for one is not a bug. When people do not understand the game it is a glitch or a bug. The way it works is you're suppose to sign 25 scholarships. If you don't use all of them then however many remain will be signed as "walk-ons." if you have 5 scholarships left its 5 walk ons. 10 scholarships then it's 10 walk ons. If you do not want them just cut them or sign all 25 of your recruits. Why wouldn't you want to sign all 25 anyways. Load up at a position you might have to recruit for next year.
I am getting that you are trying to see the positive in the game, but just admit it when something is wrong. All we are doing here is trying to let the developers know that something is wrong so they can fix it. When something like this comes along and we tell them and they don't fix it, it is incredibly aggravating, just like the coaching carousel. Then they wonder why people don't buy the game. All we can do is call attention to the problems. We're not here complaining, just trying to get info across. It is incredibly frustrating, but it's the only game of the like out there and we are huge college football fans so we want it to be the best it can be. The CPU automatically signing you players is ridiculous and unrealistic, especially when they are better than the class you actually sign. It never happened until last year, then they didn't fix it. That's just a fact.

EDIT: To add to this, you don't want the CPU giving you players because it completely takes away from the challenge of the game. Like I said before, they can give you some darn decent players, maybe better than anybody in your whole class. What's the fun in that? I cut every one of them to make it real. I want to have to recruit that position I'm low on next year because I didn't recruit it well enough the year before. I don't want to have the CPU help me out. There's an option for that and I turn it off and it still helps me?? Please, fix the problem.

Last edited by fcboiler87; 07-17-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: added
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I am getting that you are trying to see the positive in the game, but just admit it when something is wrong. All we are doing here is trying to let the developers know that something is wrong so they can fix it. When something like this comes along and we tell them and they don't fix it, it is incredibly aggravating, just like the coaching carousel. Then they wonder why people don't buy the game. All we can do is call attention to the problems. We're not here complaining, just trying to get info across. It is incredibly frustrating, but it's the only game of the like out there and we are huge college football fans so we want it to be the best it can be. The CPU automatically signing you players is ridiculous and unrealistic, especially when they are better than the class you actually sign. It never happened until last year, then they didn't fix it. That's just a fact.

EDIT: To add to this, you don't want the CPU giving you players because it completely takes away from the challenge of the game. Like I said before, they can give you some darn decent players, maybe better than anybody in your whole class. What's the fun in that? I cut every one of them to make it real. I want to have to recruit that position I'm low on next year because I didn't recruit it well enough the year before. I don't want to have the CPU help me out. There's an option for that and I turn it off and it still helps me?? Please, fix the problem.

So you're telling me there has never been a walk on that turned pro and was good even though no one at the school recruited him? To top it off in real college football there are walk ons that outshine 5* recruits. Its possible and it has happened. That's why they are walk ons! If they don't prove they're good enough to get a roster spot they get cut!

Last edited by twimstaxs; 07-17-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #27
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
This for one is not a bug. When people do not understand the game it is a glitch or a bug. The way it works is you're suppose to sign 25 scholarships. If you don't use all of them then however many remain will be signed as "walk-ons." if you have 5 scholarships left its 5 walk ons. 10 scholarships then it's 10 walk ons. If you do not want them just cut them or sign all 25 of your recruits. Why wouldn't you want to sign all 25 anyways. Load up at a position you might have to recruit for next year.
That's what I was thinking when I had this by Year 3's Offseason with MTSU. I got like 3 TE's, 5 WR's, and some D Players all walk-on, and they became the best players in my class. Like I had 7-8 Freshman WR's, all high 60's, and MTSU Would've had the top Receiving Class of the Decade if NCAA 13 didn't come out.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #28
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

I wish there was an option to turn this off. I can't stand years when I'm only signing 8-10 guys and then I have to go in and cut 15 guys that I didn't even recruit to begin with. There should be an additional off-season step specifically for walk-on try outs. I wouldn't mind being able to offer guys preferred walk-on spots so you could get them on campus and see their ratings to decide whether or not they deserve a scholarship.

The current setup is just annoying and completely unrealistic. In my opinion, EA probably did this by accident and then just called it a feature.

I still don't know why we 25 scholarships every single year. In years where you only have 8-10 guys graduating you should only have around 12-15 scholarships. We shouldn't be able to sign 25 guys and then cut 15 of them when we don't have room on the roster for them.
NHL: Washington Capitals

Last edited by xcrushx; 07-17-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #29
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
So you're telling me there has never been a walk on that turned pro and was good even though no one at the school recruited him? To top it off in real college football there are walk ons that outshine 5* recruits. Its possible and it has happened. That's why they are walk ons! If they don't prove they're good enough to get a roster spot they get cut!
I am not saying that at all. I am well aware of all of those stories. What I am saying is that it is incredibly annoying to be "given" players by the CPU. To have to make up a story about them being walk-ons because the game is bugged is ridiculous. There is an option to turn it off and it still doesn't work. THAT is a bug. I'm glad you have fun with it by calling it what you will. It's unrealistic to me. Real colleges select their own walk-ons, not have them handed to them. So if there was going to be a walk-on capability, we need the ability to choose. But in all reality, with only 70 man rosters, there is no room for walk-ons, so once again, the case for having them is moot. Please just read the above post by xcrushx. It is also the truth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »