Home

Will these things ever get fixed?

This is a discussion on Will these things ever get fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Will these things ever get fixed?

I'm setting the over/under on threads with some freaking variation of this title being created in 2 days at 10: Examples to use for those who need a template.

Why can't EA fix these things?
Which of these issues will ever be fixed?
List of problems that I have found that ruin my immersion in a game that I buy every year and then spam OS about each season/i.e - the definition of insanity
When will EA fix these problems?
Why won't EA fix the many problems that I knew when buying this game that hadn't been fixed in the previous four next-gen copies?

Let's get it popping people. Let's see 20 more pages of consistent, repeated complaints that will make you feel better for a week, until you realize that the A.I cornerbacks don't cut on a dime and consistently don't act like their human counterparts.... then we can make another thread about that.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

It's a fool's errand, but I'll add to your list Ray:

1) Teams not going for 60-70 yard FGs on the highest difficulty
2) The clock to stop when I run out of bounds
3) The ability to challenge the ruling of a fumble when I am sacked mid-pass
4) Make the "Solid Playing Time" pitch either mean "Start first year" (which it is currently implemented as) or "Solid playing time" (as in making it on the field from time to time). Also, I'd like to see the pitch actually work for Kickers and Punters
5) Increasing home and road difficulty by making players make more mental errors/be less effective instead of simply slapping a speed boost on the home team and calling it a day.

These are not in the same league as what is posted above -- but fortunately this was the only NCAA I was planning on buying this gen.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #11
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Unlike most people on this forum, I've actually enjoyed NCAA 12 but year after year after year the same things bug me. These things have always been ignored, and I think it's time for that to change.

1. Penalties

All Penalty sliders need to work!!! College Football has a defensive pass interference at least once a game usually! We need a defensive and offensive animation for pass interference and for them to play out about once each game. Clipping is actually called 'Illegal Block in the Back'. It would be nice to see horse collar tackles, maybe personal fouls for really big hit sticks on defenseless receivers. The CPU roughing the passer, running or roughing into the kicker every once in a while would be nice too. We just want a variety of penalties. Not just holding, clipping, and facemask.

2. Special Teams

Can we get solid punt return blocking once? And some plunt blocks every once in a while? Also, a trick special teams return play where they hand the ball of would be awesome, and I believe it actually used to be in the game.

3. Super LB's

Everyone knows what this is...and how annoying it can be.

4. Every Play Works/Can Be Stopped

The WR Mid Screen is deflected too often, the QB part of the read option is way too slow unless you have a very very fast QB, and almost all QB runs don't work well. 4 verticals is unstoppable for the CPU, and is it possible that we can get the CPU to correctly run an option play, or a HB Slip Screen.

Also, adding a HB Shovel Pass would be nice.

5. WR/DB Interaction

WR's that go for the ball, battling with DB's that go for the ball. No more waiting for the ball to come for them, unless of course they are badly rated WR/CB.

6. Correct Injuries

The skill players are always the ones constantly getting hurt. Denard Robinson can't even last a game for me. Meanwhile, offensive and defensive linemen seem to never get hurt, despite that they get hurt all the time. It'd be nice to see this change.

7. Challenge System

They never know what I actually want to challenge. I know my WRs knee wasn't on the ground, but I don't think he legitimately caught the ball before fumbling. Also, is the Booth Review ever wrong when challenging a play?

8. Mistakes

This isn't something that needs to be fixed or has to be added. Just something that I think most people would like as an option they could turn on or off. Every couple games or so these types of things happen, as in a bad snap that results in a fumble because your center isn't too good. The snap is mishandled by the holder, players slowing down/celebrating when they're not at the endzone yet. Stuff we see ever Saturday. However, this would have to be an option since most would flip out at this.

Anyways do you guys all agree that this all needs to be in the game (maybe minus #8) by now! Also tell me to add anything if you can think of it!
Good list

9. Substitutions

I hate using substitutions/formation subs myself because it gives my team an unfair advantage. If the cpu QB throws 3 or 4 picks and is just having a horrendous game, he is never pulled except in the case of injury. In a blowout, the cpu never uses mass substitutions...why?

Please EA, stop giving us features that the cpu can't/won't use.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »