Home

Cheese or No Cheese?

This is a discussion on Cheese or No Cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Cheese?
Cheese 56 44.09%
No Cheese 71 55.91%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #121
Banned

Greybaby55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cheese or No Cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeHorse
Okay, so running 4 Verticals all game long isn't cheese now because it isn't a guaranteed catch everytime..?

And also, if that's the first time someone ran it against you, you are basing your experience of the play off an insanely small sample size. "Good job."
4 verticals all game isn't cheese. It's just dumb playcall and can easily be stopped. My small sample size is better than nothing at all. "Congrats"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #122
Say whaaa?

13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybaby55
4 verticals all game isn't cheese. It's just dumb playcall and can easily be stopped. My small sample size is better than nothing at all. "Congrats"
Oh really? The computer can easily stop it, too? I didn't realize that. Seeing as how you can rack up hundreds of passing yards on the deep ball since there is minimal defense on it.

And, Whoa! Look out, one play. I'm pretty sure my sample size is greater then yours, buddy.

Retired U.S.A.F.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #123
Banned

Greybaby55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeHorse
Oh really? The computer can easily stop it, too? I didn't realize that. Seeing as how you can rack up hundreds of passing yards on the deep ball since there is minimal defense on it.

And, Whoa! Look out, one play. I'm pretty sure my sample size is greater then yours, buddy.
Yes the computer stops them a lot.
If the computer doesn't stop yours. You must be playing on freshman.
Therefore, making your sample invalid.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #124
Say whaaa?

13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Wow, what a cute little comeback.

Good job on not reading, and then taking it even farther from the original argument then before, champ.
This isn't even worth discussion with you anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
I understand. I just was wondering because if you answered with Any top 10 team I would say that's why but I admit the "element of surprise" may be exaggerated in this this game since the players aren't programmed to react the way they'd be coached in real life. I remember in 10, the fake fg pass was so effective that I could run it after every score and it would always work whereas in real life this would never be the case.
Yeah, there's just parts of the game that can be taken advantage of too easily. I know what you mean, and that was my reasoning. I wouldn't be so against it if I didn't test it out with several teams against multiple defenses and still had this success.

Retired U.S.A.F.

Last edited by 13; 10-01-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #125
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Um, for the record, I'm playing custom sliders Heisman (CPU Pass D jacked up to 100, USER QB Acc down to 5) and I can easily shred vastly superiour teams using nothing but 4 verts all day long.

That said, it's not an automatic completion every play and yes, sometimes the CPU does come up with picks on the play, but in general, no, the CPU cannot stop 4 verts most of the time.

It's way too easy, snap the ball, look to the outside and as soon as you see a receiver get by his corner, lob the long ball for the TD if there's no deep safety on the side (or if he's out of position or too slow) or hit the "deep bullet" for about 20-30 yards if there is a safety. I can get a completion out of that play about 30-40% of the time so since I got 4 downs to play with, it's basically an 80-90% probability play if called constantly. A 90% chance of success by just calling one play is, in my opinion, the very definition of "the CPU can't stop that play"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #126
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Chedder...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »