Home

Things we see on Saturday missing from the game

This is a discussion on Things we see on Saturday missing from the game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Things we see on Saturday missing from the game

A few things I noticed missing from the game is the following:

-Fans have shakers in their hands in the stands.(especially Alabama & Auburn fans)

- Fans walking around the stadium. Leaving their seats and returning to their seats.

-More chanting from the crowd. Student section defined in the crowd.

Cheerleaders using signs and to motivate the crowd.

Add the coaches and assistant coaches to the sideline.

-Make the cameramen mobile at the end of the end zones. If gets in the way of a player they can attempt to move or fall down.

-Show fans entering the stadium and leaving-

-Show tailgating and the beginning ofbeach game with the option to skip if needed.

-Helmets get knocked off and shoes sometimes come off.

-clipping and pass interference calls

-what's about the cow bells heard at Miss St games?

-Coach screaming from sideline after penalty or missed tackle.

-Add camera view from fan prespective at times during game.

-After injury show player being carried off field or being walked to locker room.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 09-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Honestly to me it feels like everyone is programmed to run from point A to point B and thats it. The game is not very dynamic for every cpu controlled player. This is not the case in real life at all. On kickoff coverage and punt return coverage, teams in real life try to contain the runner. In the game they ALL run straight for the returner. Nothing really "looks" realistic.
Bingo......

Ball carrier don't use the whole field when running. Instead they run in a straight line forward. Any person could see it clear as day.

Just punt the ball to the cpu. That is all you have to do and you will see the flaws in this game just from that ONE PLAY. And before somebody claim they don't see anything, I will point it out to you because I am helpful like that.

1. Gunners get down the field too damn fast.

2. One guy off the ede of the line, usually the last guy on the left of the blocking line, COMES FREE EVERYTIME, HE IS NEVER BLOCKED. So therefore you always have 3 people in the returner's face as soon as he catches the ball.

3. CPU ball carrier runs in a straight line. He never cuts back across the opposite side of the field. Never tries to juke, spin or stiff arm he just runs straight forward DIRECTLY INTO THE TACKLERS.

Look at Marquis Haze punt return today or Travis Benjamin return last week, returners don't run in a straight line into traffic like that.

Another problem with this game......none of the cpu ball carriers use their special moves at all. Everybody runs like they have stick up their butt. They run completely stiff and up right.

I challenge anybody to tell me what is the visual difference between a power back running the ball and a speed back running the ball in NCAA 12. YOU CAN'T.

Everybody runs the same way and that is like a power back. Straight forward. They don't ever try to juke anybody, spin or anybody, bounce to the outside, cut back across the entire field to the opposite sideline. All the runners in this game have tunnel vision.

It is the same way with the QBs. Scrambler, pocket, balance - they all look the same when they scramble. Upright and stiff, straight forward.

Runners in this game lacks realism. Too stiff, too rigid, too upright.

On a 1 on 1 situation, a runner in real life will use everything in their skill set to try to get around that defender. In NCAA 12, they run directly into that defender, hoping they bull doze him over. Or if it is a QB in NCAA 12, he will slide......when he just have ONE defender to beat, he slides.......SMH
Old 09-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

/tongueincheek We don't see the comeback code like the osu/a&m game tongueincheek/

Seriously I see very few jailbreak blown assignment sacks. Coverage sacks yeah but very few where 1-2 players just get missed on blown assignments. One thing that goes with this is qbs breaking away through the huge holes this creates if they can slop the tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #12
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmi155
1) Battle of the Bands.
Can you imagine the atmosphere in game if we could do custom stadium sounds for home AND away teams?? That alone would make up a great deal for EA's underwhelming crowd reactions.

2) End of Game Custom Sounds.
As a Bama fan, I would KILL to have Rammer Jammer to be played after beating Auburn or Florida!! I bet fans of other schools who have songs they use after a victory would love for that feature too.

3) Purely a visual thing, it would be nice to see the defense not so static. You know, have the linemen shifting, or linebackers faking blitzes then fading back, ect.

I have more, but can't remember em! Off the field, I think NCAA needs (as everyone else does) its presentation overhauled BADLY. But we've covered that to death.

(Personal dream would them including the SEC on CBS or the CBS Sports Network games alongside the ESPN games, like they had on the old NCAA Basketball game. I hear Vern and Gary while I'm playing an SEC game anyways in my head! haha)

AH! Watching Auburn and Bama today, I thought about how much I wish NCAA allowed its players to use the WHOLE field when running or returning punts instead of straight ahead.

Screens and options actually being deadly.
I noticed A LOT of your #3 today, A LOT!!!!

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #13
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Bingo......

Ball carrier don't use the whole field when running. Instead they run in a straight line forward. Any person could see it clear as day.

Just punt the ball to the cpu. That is all you have to do and you will see the flaws in this game just from that ONE PLAY. And before somebody claim they don't see anything, I will point it out to you because I am helpful like that.

1. Gunners get down the field too damn fast.

2. One guy off the ede of the line, usually the last guy on the left of the blocking line, COMES FREE EVERYTIME, HE IS NEVER BLOCKED. So therefore you always have 3 people in the returner's face as soon as he catches the ball.

3. CPU ball carrier runs in a straight line. He never cuts back across the opposite side of the field. Never tries to juke, spin or stiff arm he just runs straight forward DIRECTLY INTO THE TACKLERS.

Look at Marquis Haze punt return today or Travis Benjamin return last week, returners don't run in a straight line into traffic like that.

Another problem with this game......none of the cpu ball carriers use their special moves at all. Everybody runs like they have stick up their butt. They run completely stiff and up right.

I challenge anybody to tell me what is the visual difference between a power back running the ball and a speed back running the ball in NCAA 12. YOU CAN'T.

Everybody runs the same way and that is like a power back. Straight forward. They don't ever try to juke anybody, spin or anybody, bounce to the outside, cut back across the entire field to the opposite sideline. All the runners in this game have tunnel vision.

It is the same way with the QBs. Scrambler, pocket, balance - they all look the same when they scramble. Upright and stiff, straight forward.

Runners in this game lacks realism. Too stiff, too rigid, too upright.

On a 1 on 1 situation, a runner in real life will use everything in their skill set to try to get around that defender. In NCAA 12, they run directly into that defender, hoping they bull doze him over. Or if it is a QB in NCAA 12, he will slide......when he just have ONE defender to beat, he slides.......SMH

Agreed with everything 100%. I was scared I was gonna be the only one that thought this.

To piggyback off of what you said, everyone go look at a replay of a punt return (in game). See how everyone on the line plays pattycake for 5 seconds AFTER the ball is punted, that is not supposed to happen. ever. You ever wonder why you have to get through 2 waves of people (and usually get run down by some scrub LB in the second wave)? that is why.

In real life with a return called, the return team engages the line and immediately retreats back to the returner to set up the return. No pattycake, no linear paths straight to the ball, no 2 waves on every single return. With the return team dropping back and the coverage team trying to contain the returner, this is what creates the holes for the returner to run through. Just fixing the stupid pattycake animation will fix half of our problems here.

ON A SEPERATE NOTE (sortof):

One more thing that I dont see on Saturdays is the CPU defense reacting to every move I make as a ballcarrier. If i am running to the right and cutback left, I shouldnt see literally every defender turn as I am turning, the millisecond I hit the stick the other way. Once again this goes back to the "linear, point A to point B" Makes this game feel very much like a video game, when the other sports titles are feeling more and more like real life. This game is lacking in many areas.

EDIT:

One last thing that TERRIBLY needs to be fixed, lineplay. But that is a whole nother beast that needs to be saved for a different thread.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #14
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmi155
1) Battle of the Bands.
Can you imagine the atmosphere in game if we could do custom stadium sounds for home AND away teams?? That alone would make up a great deal for EA's underwhelming crowd reactions.

2) End of Game Custom Sounds.
As a Bama fan, I would KILL to have Rammer Jammer to be played after beating Auburn or Florida!! I bet fans of other schools who have songs they use after a victory would love for that feature too.

3) Purely a visual thing, it would be nice to see the defense not so static. You know, have the linemen shifting, or linebackers faking blitzes then fading back, ect.

I have more, but can't remember em! Off the field, I think NCAA needs (as everyone else does) its presentation overhauled BADLY. But we've covered that to death.

(Personal dream would them including the SEC on CBS or the CBS Sports Network games alongside the ESPN games, like they had on the old NCAA Basketball game. I hear Vern and Gary while I'm playing an SEC game anyways in my head! haha)

AH! Watching Auburn and Bama today, I thought about how much I wish NCAA allowed its players to use the WHOLE field when running or returning punts instead of straight ahead.

Screens and options actually being deadly.
I'd also like the ability to put in sounds for every team. Also the sounds should be tied to the team rather than the stadium so they are usable for neutral site & bowl games. I enjoy the home opener at The Shoe more than I do the bland atmosphere of the BCS Championship game.

Sounds for both teams should be used, but say only the TD, FG, and turnover music would play for the road team so they do not conflict.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 14

To me, college football is all about atmosphere. The crazy fans, vibrating stadiums, bands, players that love the game, mascots, I love it when the commentaries need to raise their voice so you can hear them over the crowd. All of that is missing from this game. I really can't tell the difference if I'm playing at FAU or at the Big House.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
To me, college football is all about atmosphere. The crazy fans, vibrating stadiums, bands, players that love the game, mascots, I love it when the commentaries need to raise their voice so you can hear them over the crowd. All of that is missing from this game. I really can't tell the difference if I'm playing at FAU or at the Big House.
This, this, this!

What's the difference between me playing as the Gophers against our biggest rival in Wisconsin, and when I play FCS Midwest? A two second mention that the game is being played for the Paul Bunyan Ax?

The presentation has been improved and it's great to see custom entrances. NCAA 13 needs to be focused on the in-game atmosphere. Camera shaking when the crowd is full throat in the Big House, fans going crazy when Auburn is 4th and 1 against Alabama, the crowd going nuts when FIU beats Miami (FL).

Going off the Bunyan Ax mention, the biggest trophy rivalries should have the trophies shown on the defending trophy winners-sidelines during the game. Also an overlay of the rivalry history over the past 5-10 years would be great.

I think '12 delivered a lot of great features, if they can keep everything they added and vastly improve the in-game atmosphere next year, I'll be a happy camper. (But keep the bugs out of '13!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »