Home

Things we see on Saturday missing from the game

This is a discussion on Things we see on Saturday missing from the game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Things we see on Saturday missing from the game

If this thread is too much then just delete it but I hope this gets a positive result from our community.

Guys, dont make this a thread that gets locked or deleted, just please post in list form things that need to be in the game that are not/continually ignored.

Ill start with a few:

-Pass Interference (offensive/defensive)
-More Penalty Variety
-Offsetting Penalties (even this might be pushing it)
-Emphasis on ALL ASPECTS of Special Teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Things we see on Saturday missing from the game

1) Battle of the Bands.
Can you imagine the atmosphere in game if we could do custom stadium sounds for home AND away teams?? That alone would make up a great deal for EA's underwhelming crowd reactions.

2) End of Game Custom Sounds.
As a Bama fan, I would KILL to have Rammer Jammer to be played after beating Auburn or Florida!! I bet fans of other schools who have songs they use after a victory would love for that feature too.

3) Purely a visual thing, it would be nice to see the defense not so static. You know, have the linemen shifting, or linebackers faking blitzes then fading back, ect.

I have more, but can't remember em! Off the field, I think NCAA needs (as everyone else does) its presentation overhauled BADLY. But we've covered that to death.

(Personal dream would them including the SEC on CBS or the CBS Sports Network games alongside the ESPN games, like they had on the old NCAA Basketball game. I hear Vern and Gary while I'm playing an SEC game anyways in my head! haha)

AH! Watching Auburn and Bama today, I thought about how much I wish NCAA allowed its players to use the WHOLE field when running or returning punts instead of straight ahead.

Screens and options actually being deadly.

Last edited by dsmi155; 09-24-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Fumbles. Not seeing any by RB's at all.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Highlights from other games
Old 09-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #5
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

deep passes being caught in stride the touch on passes in this game doesn't match anywhere near real life. In this game you throw a lob to a wr running deep with a step, most always the pass is short and results in an interception and when it is complete it makes the WR slow down. The timing window for good looking deep passes is so tiny.

2. Pre snap movement on defense. The only time they move is on that dual corner blitz where the safety covers the hook zone and shifts before snap. No faking the blitz at all.

3. Emotion in general. There should be more cut scenes with the teams celebrating big plays together.

4. impactful special teams. Outside of upping the Defensive players run block ratings there isn't really any threat of special teams big plays against the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 22

Basically, I want the ole ps2 features on the new gen consoled, that would be fantastic.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #7
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Honestly to me it feels like everyone is programmed to run from point A to point B and thats it. The game is not very dynamic for every cpu controlled player. This is not the case in real life at all. On kickoff coverage and punt return coverage, teams in real life try to contain the runner. In the game they ALL run straight for the returner. Nothing really "looks" realistic.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Basically, I want the ole ps2 features on the new gen consoled, that would be fantastic.
100% agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »