Home

Who scares you most in the first Season of play?

This is a discussion on Who scares you most in the first Season of play? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Who scares you most in the first Season of play?

Okay, I have played a TON of first seasons now because whenever I reset the sliders I like to start over so all my statistics come from the same settings. Anyways, because of doing this and playing with many different teams I have played almost every top 25 team in this game. What I was wondering is who do you guys fear playing the most in year one? For me I would have to say the Hurricanes, Oklahoma and Kansas State.

Miami has an explosive offense and a great defense. Oklahoma has an okay offense but their defense can just reak havock on my passing game and it is virtually impossible to run against them. Kansas State has the scariest offense to stop in my opinion with their ability to run with the QB, RB and throw down field.

Teams like Ohio State seem really easy to me for some reason. It seems like they play easy plays to stop....

So who do you guys fear most? The reason I thought of this is because I have to play Kansas State in my bowl game tonight and I was really hoping that it would be anyone but them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 07:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Who scares you most in the first Season of play?

Miami. . . i hate playing them cuz most of the time i do play them i'm winning the whole game like 7-0 or 10-3 or sum low score then they just turn on their offense and beat my ***
Other teams are pretty easy to me
Old 09-11-2003, 08:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

like you said Oklahoma b/c you cant rollout and if you pass the ball your Qb might get hit and it will cause a interception. But you might have a chanc e against their O
Old 09-11-2003, 08:03 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Miami and Ohio State I can beat pretty regularly as long as I don't allow too many big pass plays. However Oklahoma is the worst for me. I went undefeated my first year with VT and met Oklahoma in the NC. Their defense just shut down my offense which was ranked #1 in the nation. I had 3 points in the middle of the 3rd quarter till I finally scored a TD. But that TD came off an INT. I didn't score my first offensive touchdown till the 4th quarter.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:40 PM   #5
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Thats another great aspect to this game. Certain teams really reflect their real life counterparts.

As far as teams I fear playing the most. That is usually when I'm about mid season and doing good. I will play a team in my conference that is very weak and I should blow out and I get upset by them. Alot of the time its by a stiff margin too such as 48 to 17. So I guess I fear the "sleeper" teams the most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 09:15 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Miami, they beat me 35-17 my first year.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Wjkporter's Arena

OVR: 8

Oklahoma...
Old 09-12-2003, 01:26 PM   #8
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

I have problems with Texas. I've beaten Miami and Oklahoma a few times in first years but Texas just has my number

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »