Home

NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 Sent to Microsoft and Sony

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 Sent to Microsoft and Sony within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #17
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 Sent to Microsoft and Sony

Is anyone sick of hearing the word "patch"?
Old 09-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 32
This is a damage control patch; nothing more nothing less... Nothing to see here.

Forza is just a few days away now.

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-26-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #19
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Is anyone sick of hearing the word "patch"?
I am......but with this generation of gaming, it has become quite the norm to the point if a game DON'T come out with a patch I am shocked.

IMO.....way too many developers are using the ability to patch as a crutch. And sports games are the worse of the bunch. I mean do people realize that every year this generation:

Every Madden/NCAA football game has received 3 to 4 patches ????

Since when did that become acceptable and the norm ?

Something is terriblely wrong with that team if EVERY YEAR, you have to release MULTIPLE PATCHES. Then at the end of the multiple patches, stuff still don't be working, and you say well working on next year game and therefore we will try to address it to make sure it works in next year game.

Problem is, next year never comes.

Patches and tuners are good when they are used correctly. However your game shouldn't be releasing patches every year either.....
Old 09-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #20
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

I really wonder if EA is putting the fire on Tiburon or if they are just cool with this. I think we can all agree EA is a AAA studio, but lately mainly their sports titles haven't reflected that at all. The early reviews of NHL 12 were bad, (NHL 11 was solid to be honest though), NCAA and Madden both have big flaws, their NBA franchise is dead as of now. How can EA be happy with their sports division. If I was over there I'd be threatening jobs at this point. It's taken about two to three months to get the game to where it should've been Day 1. I could've let it go if it was some freak of nature glitch that would've been extraordinarly hard to find in a controlled enviroment. But how can a patch get through that breaks something as obvious as the No Huddle. How is this game play acceptable when it should be closer to a true representation of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I have playing the game but I don't even feel like I'm playing a football sim anymore. I feel like it's just another game. I'm not even connected anymore. Football to this point has been my life and as such football video games have filled the gap, but the series is getting worse. Tiburon needs to get their acts together. Stop promising the world and giving us a pile. I was on EA's side, defending them for a while. Yet when their patch doesn't even fix everything it was supposed to and you have to take multiple steps to fix some rosters, it's ridiciulious. We don't pay $60 to have to change ratings, play outside of what's enjoyable, and have so much that's broken.

If Tiburon tries to shovel this under the carpet instead of manning up and admitting this was a terrible year for them and they get their crap together then the money is going to slow down. Easily.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #21
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I am......but with this generation of gaming, it has become quite the norm to the point if a game DON'T come out with a patch I am shocked.

IMO.....way too many developers are using the ability to patch as a crutch. And sports games are the worse of the bunch. I mean do people realize that every year this generation:

Something is terriblely wrong with that team if EVERY YEAR, you have to release MULTIPLE PATCHES. Then at the end of the multiple patches, stuff still don't be working, and you say well working on next year game and therefore we will try to address it to make sure it works in next year game.

Patches and tuners are good when they are used correctly. However your game shouldn't be releasing patches every year either.....

Exactly.

As for the bolded part, I dont mind if they have to use one every year to fix something, they just shouldnt rely on the patch as a way for them to not test the game (cause god knows any one of us could have found some of these rediculous glitches)

A perfect example (if I am remembering this correctly) is this years The Show and all the generated players having the generic 1 batting stance. The developers came onto the board here and asked if we would like to see a whole wide array of batting stances being used by the generated players but the patch would take longer or just to have the generated players only using something like generic stance 1-100 and the patch would be quicker. (Again this might not be the exact situation but it is pretty close) This is what the patch should be used for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #22
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Honestly, I stopped being surprised by this three years ago. Also, once you've bought the game it really doesn't hurt EA if you aren't playing it.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #23
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

In the 90s, at least for PC gamers.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 09-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #24
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
I really wonder if EA is putting the fire on Tiburon or if they are just cool with this. I think we can all agree EA is a AAA studio, but lately mainly their sports titles haven't reflected that at all. The early reviews of NHL 12 were bad, (NHL 11 was solid to be honest though), NCAA and Madden both have big flaws, their NBA franchise is dead as of now. How can EA be happy with their sports division. If I was over there I'd be threatening jobs at this point. It's taken about two to three months to get the game to where it should've been Day 1. I could've let it go if it was some freak of nature glitch that would've been extraordinarly hard to find in a controlled enviroment. But how can a patch get through that breaks something as obvious as the No Huddle. How is this game play acceptable when it should be closer to a true representation of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I have playing the game but I don't even feel like I'm playing a football sim anymore. I feel like it's just another game. I'm not even connected anymore. Football to this point has been my life and as such football video games have filled the gap, but the series is getting worse. Tiburon needs to get their acts together. Stop promising the world and giving us a pile. I was on EA's side, defending them for a while. Yet when their patch doesn't even fix everything it was supposed to and you have to take multiple steps to fix some rosters, it's ridiciulious. We don't pay $60 to have to change ratings, play outside of what's enjoyable, and have so much that's broken.

If Tiburon tries to shovel this under the carpet instead of manning up and admitting this was a terrible year for them and they get their crap together then the money is going to slow down. Easily.

Literally my thoughts pretty much word for word. I stated the first part in the What we dont see on Saturdays thread I started. Doesn't feel like a football sim, makes me feel too much like I am playing a video game when every other sports game I play makes me feel like im playing a sim of the sport.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »