Home

Dynasty: Everyone only likes me 2nd best (screenie)

This is a discussion on Dynasty: Everyone only likes me 2nd best (screenie) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dynasty: Everyone only likes me 2nd best (screenie)

http://www.davidjscott.com/misc/ncaa...ankedInAll.jpg

Currently week 7 (recruiting finished for the week). School record is 4-1. My draft board:
#1 Player: -320pts (LSU leading)
#2 Player: -340pts (Ohio leading)
#3 Player: -300pts (Auburn leading)
#4 Player: -340pts (Miami leading)
#5 Player: -100pts (Georgia leading)
#6 Player: -440pts (Auburn leading)
#7 Player: -360pts (Boise State leading)
#8 Player: -140pts (Boston College leading)

All leading schools = high green status, near max.

^ My guess is in two weeks, all of them (except maybe #5 and #8) get a hard-on for their #1 schools and I miss out on all of them . All the guys are only interested in me 2nd, despite putting max hours into them since the start of the season, AND having good visit reviews (A- and B+), AND having half my school prestige categories B+ or higher, AND being only on Varsity recruiting difficulty, AND six of them are four-star ranked.

It seems like anyone I pick to recruit, the dynasty cpu is like, "Ooo snap! The 'Human' wants this guy! I better assign a random high ranked school to stop him!" But if I pick anyone who is 3 stars or lower, the cpu is like, "Pffh, whatever man, you can have him."

I smell cheating by the cpu... So now I'm probably going to get no one this season, except 3-star or lower scrubs late. If I don't get anyone this season, then I'm doing a "If you cant beat'em, join'em mantra and leaving for a top ranked school."

I just need your opinion if the cpu cheats at this whole recruiting thing, or if I'm just getting dealt a bad hand.

Last edited by ReMeDy; 09-27-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 03:25 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Dynasty: Everyone only likes me 2nd best (screenie)

Lower the recruting difficulty, its no cpu cheating for me, I use AA most of the time. If youre down by that much, just dont bother giving em the calls...usually I like to go for guys that are first on my board. Offer em a ship in week one, they might insta sign which is lovely.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
MVP

Also, going after 10 recruits isnt enough dude. 5*"s arent everything, there are some four star players who are better than five star players, hell, there are even some high rated juco three star players in recruiting.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yea, but if I refuse to call them all, then I'm screwed, because I'll miss out on all of them, and I can't afford to go with anyone else, because it's week 6. No doubt all the good players are almost 100% settled with their favorite teams by now.

Anyways, okay, I'll try lowering the difficulty and just hope I can bounce back despite the lack of 1st place interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Also, going after 10 recruits isnt enough dude. 5*"s arent everything, there are some four star players who are better than five star players, hell, there are even some high rated juco three star players in recruiting.
So you're recommending then to maybe avoid the 5-star players in favor of 4-star guys and 3-star juco exclusively? Are the 5-star guys overrated? Makes sense.

Also, I don't see how you sign more than 10 anyways, because I'm giving all my effort into these guys, and they wont give me 1st place interest, so yea, I have to go exclusively 4-star or lower if I hope to divide more attention amongst recruits.

Last edited by ReMeDy; 09-27-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:49 AM   #5
MVP

Yea, just aim for four stars, of course you should aim for one or two five stars, but dont go after a lot of em.

I sign about 15 guys each year...i spend about 30 minutes on each recruit, if I want a specific guy really bad, and im like 60 points back, I talk to em for about 60 minutes, but thats only for guys that I want extremly bad, like a 6"5 WR with A jump, B catch, ect..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMeDy
Yea, but if I refuse to call them all, then I'm screwed, because I'll miss out on all of them, and I can't afford to go with anyone else, because it's week 6. No doubt all the good players are almost 100% settled with their favorite teams by now.

Anyways, okay, I'll try lowering the difficulty and just hope I can bounce back despite the lack of 1st place interest.

So you're recommending then to maybe avoid the 5-star players in favor of 4-star guys and 3-star juco exclusively? Are the 5-star guys overrated? Makes sense.

Also, I don't see how you sign more than 10 anyways, because I'm giving all my effort into these guys, and they wont give me 1st place interest, so yea, I have to go exclusively 4-star or lower if I hope to divide more attention amongst recruits.
I'm week 8 in mine and you can still find players that are fairly interested in you and you have plenty of time to recruit. You seem too obsessed with the cream of the crop when there are plenty of still good players that you can recruit.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

week 6 is a good week to find new guys to look at anyway. there are still plenty of 4 star and 3 star guys who are still in top 10 or 8 that you can get.

what you are seeing happens sometimes. you can either gamble and keep after some of those guys over the next couple of weeks and hope for a x2 bonus on a couple to catch you up or cut bait on the ones who are already green on another school

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »