Home

is anyone having a problem with bumb & run?

This is a discussion on is anyone having a problem with bumb & run? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: is anyone having a problem with bumb & run?

I press alot also but i usually man lock the corner or if i'm not in rtg using my corner. Its a game of chance. Since rtg attriutes are juiced up in every area besides your position skill set it makes its easy to jam when my 5'9 cb has an 80+ strength.

another thing jam if you see one of the wr's tired. also don't jam soon as they release off line all the time you have 5 yards to jam so switch it up. If you jam right when they about to make a cut or run route it slows them down or they completely get off route.

also another thing i think it has to do with the strength of the wr vs cb if the wr is stronger he is going to win that match up more often and vise versa
Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Esquire
On O, one strategy, you can move a player in motion and then snap the ball so that the DB is already a step behind the WR. It is like the plays where the WR goes in motion automatically only you will be doing it manually.
Any time I use manual motion in the passing game, the WR gets stuck in a weird animation at the line of scrimmage and takes 3 or 4 seconds to get to his route. I don't know if it is just my WR's or the game though.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #11
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Energy
also another thing i think it has to do with the strength of the wr vs cb if the wr is stronger he is going to win that match up more often and vise versa
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Any time I use manual motion in the passing game, the WR gets stuck in a weird animation at the line of scrimmage and takes 3 or 4 seconds to get to his route. I don't know if it is just my WR's or the game though.
Strength maybe the key. but when i check, Every corner commin in as a freshman have a strength in the 50's. Wrs are always higher. thats not fair

& i hate that animation where the WR get stuck at the line. I had a corner who was 67 overall jam my WR who was 97 overall. thats not fair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #12
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

The DB holding the WR at the LOS for like half the play is a ridiculous animation too, because that is defensive holding at every level including college. You are taught as a DB to quick jab with open palms at the chest of the WR, striking with the base of the palm specifically so you don't accidentally grab jersey or pads. If your technique is good enough, you disrupt the entire route.

In the game, the animation is almost exactly the same as the OL/DL interaction. So the DB holds the WR in place and he can't even move side to side or release. I get that this is EA's way of doing things, but it is holding and if the ball is in the air, it is pass interference.

I can't count how many times I've wanted just a quick slant, thrown it expecting the WR to release past him any second only to continue being held as the ball flies by. Call DPI or holding or something. Actually, better yet, just fix the CB/WR interaction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »