Home

i need to vent

This is a discussion on i need to vent within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
i need to vent

i need to vent about my frustrations with this game. I started a dynasty on heisman because all american really doesn't pose much of a challenge from the cpu. I have never played heisman before this year, but good lord the computer cheats you over.

I'm 6-4 in my dynasty with washington. I'm actually very happy with my record. I didn't want to win every game and be bored (hence heisman difficulty). But there is a difference between getting a competitive challenging game from the computer and it blatantly screwing you over, which it is doing to me.

I am playing a game against oregon state, here are some of the more frustrating things i've seen.

1. Playing man defense my outside linebacker was supposed to cover the flat, he went out with the fullback out of the backfield and when the ball was thrown to the fb instead of making a play on the ball he runs out of bounds allowing the fb to make the catch and go downfield for 20 yds before my safety got to him.

2. MASSIVE amounts of suction. i call a 4-3 weak slant blitz. I control the middle linebacker. In this instance he is supposed to go around the left end. Like i said I AM CONTROLLING HIM. I am trying to direct him to go around the end but he is being sucked into the middle of the line and i have no control over him. This happens on a consistent basis.

3. What may be the most frustrating thing and it has now happened twice in the game. I call a cover 2 man. I did not shift my corners into press coverage, but for whatever reason they are. The cpu then attacks my left corner and burns him deep for a td. My safety who is in cover 2 and should have the deep half of the field is no where to be found. I run the replay to see how the wr got by my corner so easily and find he's playing press which like i said i didn't call. Then as soon as the ball snaps he magically slides 3 feet to his right without moving his feet!!! the wr is even with him before the cb moves. And as the saying goes "if he's even he's leavin!" and well he left my corner in the dust.

Even through the massive amount of faults/glitches/bugs this game has Ive really enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun with it playing a lot online and waited until the patch to start my dynasty just this week. But this stuff is ridiculous. These are the types of things that kill a game to me and make it unplayable, only because I have absolutely 0 control of them.

Sorry for the length of this, but i needed to vent my frustrations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: i need to vent

AMEN brother!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Use sos all american sliders, then come to me about a challenge...best ncaa sliders ive used, heisman is broken this year
Old 09-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Use sos all american sliders, then come to me about a challenge...best ncaa sliders ive used, heisman is broken this year
i was using SECelites AA sliders at first, and they were good, the cpu offense would score on me but they don't sustain drives and thats what i've heard about nearly everyones AA sliders. The only time i'd give up td's were on big plays, it was very rare that the cpu would pick up more than 1 first down on a drive which isn't realistic.
On heisman the cpu will march the ball down the field on me for 10-15 play drives consistently, which is refreshing. what's not refreshing though is when i can't stop the cpu on third down because they block a play perfectly because my guys are sucked into their lineman and cant disengage.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #5
Banned

It is amazing how drastically different a players ability/skill effects their opinion of the game.

My suggestion is enjoy the challenge! If you keep battling and not making the same mistakes you will fill 10x better. Sliders always help! Don't be afraid to make your own set as you play, eventually you will get it down pat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsackII
It is amazing how drastically different a players ability/skill effects their opinion of the game.

If you keep battling and not making the same mistakes you will fill 10x better.
You couldn't be more wrong in this case. I don't claim to be an amazing player but i'm fairly good. I took the last years off with this game because of bad experiences with the previous ps3 versions and bought it this year because it was getting great reviews.

I played A LOT of online before the patch came out and my time away from the game hurt me and i was about 30 games under .500 at one point. But i got better and at my peak got about 20 games over .500 and at one point was ranked in the top 400. Pretty good for a guy who was 30 games under .500 at one point. And to answer your question no i didn't cheese to boost my record, there are guys here on OS who can attest to that.

I do use sliders. Matt10's Heisman set, that is adjusted slightly to how i want to play. I'm 7-4 or 7-5 in my dynasty with Washington which i love. I LOVE the fact that I am getting beat. I am an avid sports gamer and whenever I play dynastys it is always important to me to play at a level where i can get beat, because it makes it more realistic.

What you said in your post is wrong and you are being an EA apologist, and you can't deny that fact if you had read my original post. All of the issues I had with the game were with things that I COULD NOT CONTROL. How can i defend the flat if my defender runs considerably far out of bounds and stays there until the rb catches it (No i wasn't controlling the lb and no this would never ever happen in real life). How was that skill/ability/ or a mistake i made?

How is it skill/ability/or a mistake I made when my corner is in press coverage without me putting him in it. (I would have audibled him to drop back had i known, but the corners and outside reciever are not visible at the line of scrimmage on my tv.) How is it skill/ability/ or a mistake I made when the same corner slides a yard to his left without his feet moving when the ball is snapped to allow the receiver to run his go route uncontested?

How is it skill or ability when you can't move your linebacker where you want to, because he is being pulled into an offensive blocker when he's 3 yards away from said blocker and i am moving him the opposite way???

How is it skill or ability if you throw an Interception (which i don't do often btw) and the pass is picked because a defender morphs through your receiver to make the pick?

Please please please tell me how any of those things are my fault or are skill related or how practice would make me better. As i said in my original post. I love the game. I've put more hours into it, than any game i've had since the old ncaa ps2 days. But these are issues that I CANNOT CONTROL at all, and issues which make any already difficult game a heck of a lot harder. I can handle getting beat by the computer. I actually welcome it. But only if it is fair, and what i have been experiencing is anything but.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I read your username and never got passed that!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Banned

I didn't take the time to read some of your post and didn't read all of your last one. So I could be wrong.

- to be honest I have learned to appreciate the suction. I understand it isn't truly realistic, but I tuned my sliders to eliminate suction and the game play was AWFUL. The way the new tackling system refuses to engage in the tackle animation sometimes is just frustrating. When I got the suction out, it was worse. I've learned to use the suction to get a realistic game results wise. It isn't just blocking but the tackle suction is in the game to. I understand where your coming from.

- I'm not saying you did this, but some of the plays on defense have the press coverage built in to them (an example is that some plays have a cover 1/2 and a play or two in the same formation will have a cover 1/2 press) IF your not careful you sometimes overlook the press part, I know I have.

- I think as adults we lose our sense of imagination. When these dumb things happen like db's making crazy INTS, we now call it lack of realism. When we were 12 it was just part of the game and we went on. It can be frustrating, but sometimes I guess just use your imagination b/c EA can't replicate the crazy things that happen in real life sports... like that pass Casey caught in the Texans game last week. That looked more like a glitch in a video game then anything lol. IF that happened against us in a game we'd throw our controllers. So when that dumb stuff happens go back to your hayday and just assume something unpredictable happened and it is part of the game. Otherwise you just end up being pissed.

*also I don't know how anyone plays online. The way people exploit the game is just ********. I don't even bother not playing anyone that is my friend, otherwise you might as well go play NFL Blitz or NBA Jam.

Last edited by NutsackII; 09-28-2011 at 10:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »