Home

Passing Offense/Defense Tips and Strategy

This is a discussion on Passing Offense/Defense Tips and Strategy within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Passing Offense/Defense Tips and Strategy

Update related to OD

Now in the next week of my OD, I decided to use what I've been practicing on offense. I'm the O Coordinator for Ole Miss and I use the Stanford playbook.

I was nervous going into this game and had the feeling that my team wouldn't match up. The game was against #1 ranked Oklahoma. I started my first drive with the intention to control the clock by primarily running the ball. My offense is rated B+ and their defense is an A. I knew my defense would struggle if I couldn't keep clock control because their offense is an A while my defense is a B.

My first two drives struggled cause I was one dimensional but luckily my defense held their own and kept the score at zero. On my third drive I decided to mix in passing plays and play the way I practiced. To give a short version of a long story, I won 44 -20 and had over 400 rushing yards with my starting HB. He is slow but he powered through defenders and my line gave me great openings. My QB only threw one INT with no TDs and had a 40% completion percentage. He hit the passes that were needed. I ran 41 times and passed about 20 times.

Sadly the game is frozen on the highlight upload screen. I of course wanted to save the videos of my HB trucking players. Now I don't know if I'll need to shut the system off and potentially lose this amazing upset win. I don't know what to do, the game has been frozen on that screen for a few hours now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »