Home

I wish the recruits were more realistic re: race/home state

This is a discussion on I wish the recruits were more realistic re: race/home state within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #17
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I wish the recruits were more realistic re: race/home state

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGary
I've never created players before-say theres about 2000 recruits per season and I create 2000 will there be 4000 recruits available or will the created prospects fill the CPU generated prospects place?
I think you can only make 20. So there would be 2020 recruits in your example.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I think you can only make 20. So there would be 2020 recruits in your example.
20 per season probably wouldn't be enough to really notice. I was watching BYU and Utah State last night na dtheir were tons of Samoan players on both rosters.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #19
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
20 per season probably wouldn't be enough to really notice. I was watching BYU and Utah State last night na dtheir were tons of Samoan players on both rosters.
No, but if they mostly from Hawaii (With few Cali and Utah ones) it would certainly help, especially for Hawaii (Who dominates recruiting in their state). If Hawaii even got just 10 of them a year, their roster would have 40-50 of them with Red Shirts.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Shouldn't the recruits from states like Idaho, North Dakota etc be mostly white? In my dynasty I just looked at Wyoming and every single prospect of their 8 prospects was black. That doesnt make sense. Some things they should add to the game-

1)Recruits ethnicity should reflect the demographics of the state they come from. I'm surprised they didn't do this as they have made sure that no CB's are white and very few RB's are white.
2)White recruits shouldn't have traditionally black first names like Jamar.Its just not realistic.
3)What about Samoan recruits?One of the things that differentiates alot of these West Coast teams is that they tend to have a lot of Samoan players.
4)Ethnic last names that are common to a state/region. If you're recruiting players from Pennsylvania or New York you should end up with a lot of "Ski's" on your team. Louisiana recruits should have some recruits with names of French origin and so on and so forth.
Gonna check in with this comment...I have a great friend who is with me here in chapel hill, NC and he played football at wyoming and lived there for awhile and he was a solid, built like a freight train black dude...for that matter the racial demographic for some of the players GOOD enough to be noticed coming from wyoming are probably split 50/50 black to white ratio. BEsides, its a video game, there are so many other issues that this one isnt IMO. I could care less if I signed a 5 star white receiver from brooklyn NY in comparison to I want no huddle and penalties to work
Old 10-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The OP is on point, but truthfully I only notice this stuff when someone posts about it. Yes, because of certain design decisions, things don't mirror real life that well, but I really just look for good players and don't think about anything else.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Gonna check in with this comment...I have a great friend who is with me here in chapel hill, NC and he played football at wyoming and lived there for awhile and he was a solid, built like a freight train black dude...for that matter the racial demographic for some of the players GOOD enough to be noticed coming from wyoming are probably split 50/50 black to white ratio. BEsides, its a video game, there are so many other issues that this one isnt IMO. I could care less if I signed a 5 star white receiver from brooklyn NY in comparison to I want no huddle and penalties to work
Its really not a huge deal to me, I'm just assuming that this would be just a minor tweak to their recruit generation algorithm.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Its really not a huge deal to me, I'm just assuming that this would be just a minor tweak to their recruit generation algorithm.
everytime something gets a minor tweak something else implodes lol
Old 10-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

well i guess editing the recruits is one thing, but if your in a dynasty and want the challenge of trying to only recruit white players that kind of defeats the whole purpose. Cause im trying to do that right now in my Boston College dynasty, and if i edited black players to white, then that wouldnt make it a challenge it at all. So what i do is just try and stack up on SS to move to CB and FS. Then i Load up on White ATH, Recieving TE, and the very few stud WR and move them to RB. Thats my solution to this.

Kansas Track & Field LJ

PSN: Dancer_Dancer

#nowplaying Without Walls - Memphis May Fire

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »