Home

I wish the recruits were more realistic re: race/home state

This is a discussion on I wish the recruits were more realistic re: race/home state within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #41
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I wish the recruits were more realistic re: race/home state

The Pac-12 and WAC have so many Somoan and Hawaiian players in real life to the point that it they really do need a little more representation in recruiting. Even my Arizona Wildcats have enough Somoan players and coaches that they are doing one of those pre-game war dances now.

It may be low on the totem pole game play wise, and I don't own NCAA 12 so I can't comment on that, but I found it incredibly jarring in terms of presentation to play against Hawaii only to see the band spell EA at me in a low ball advertisement, followed by a game against a Hawaiian team that didn't feature one single Somoan or Hawaiian name.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 07:41 AM   #42
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

Agreed on the Samoan players. Even Auburn has one committed this year. Also agreed about the names matching up, though I usually edit that.

And to the one guy that asked, I've actually seen one white 5* receiver and I signed him. His name was Thad Patterson, and he's the 2nd best receiver I've recruited in this game.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Related question-do CPU teams every change a players position over the offseason?
Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #44
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGary
Related question-do CPU teams every change a players position over the offseason?
You mean "un-related"?

CPU only changes ROLB/LOLB, ROG/LOG, RT/LT, RDE, LDE, and that's about it. Doesn't really change any posistions per se.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:43 AM   #45
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGary
Shouldn't the recruits from states like Idaho, North Dakota etc be mostly white? In my dynasty I just looked at Wyoming and every single prospect of their 8 prospects was black. That doesnt make sense. Some things they should add to the game-

1)Recruits ethnicity should reflect the demographics of the state they come from. I'm surprised they didn't do this as they have made sure that no CB's are white and very few RB's are white.
2)White recruits shouldn't have traditionally black first names like Jamar.Its just not realistic.
3)What about Samoan recruits?One of the things that differentiates alot of these West Coast teams is that they tend to have a lot of Samoan players.
4)Ethnic last names that are common to a state/region. If you're recruiting players from Pennsylvania or New York you should end up with a lot of "Ski's" on your team. Louisiana recruits should have some recruits with names of French origin and so on and so forth.
if its really a big problem why dont you just; edit player change his name and change him white. and you're done, not really a hassle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #46
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart
You mean "un-related"?

CPU only changes ROLB/LOLB, ROG/LOG, RT/LT, RDE, LDE, and that's about it. Doesn't really change any posistions per se.
And Athlete
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

There are better things they could be paying attention to then what percentage of players from Idaho are white. Just accept the randomness. It might seem a little strange that you're recruiting a white guy named LaMichael, but I'd rather they fix more glaring issues.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

i agree they need to add more ethnicity. They only have white or black guys. Everytime i do a create a player of myself, im either white or black. Im neither. They need to add half breeds, hispanics, asians/somoans. at least a lil

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »