Home

problems running with QB

This is a discussion on problems running with QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #1
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8
problems running with QB

I was wondering if any of yall had any advice for running with a scrambler QB? Whenever I try to run, 9/10 times the DE or DT instantly breaks off his linemen and tackles me. When i try perimeter runs, even with the DE's pursuit ratings not stupid high, I find myself being caught by them even though this is is Robert Griffin I'm using.

Maybe I'm wrong but i don't think a DE shud be able to catch RGIII in a footrace, even if the both start running at near the same point. That and the DE should get tired.

Advice?
This is on Varsity AND AA btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: problems running with QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_maz_ing
I was wondering if any of yall had any advice for running with a scrambler QB? Whenever I try to run, 9/10 times the DE or DT instantly breaks off his linemen and tackles me. When i try perimeter runs, even with the DE's pursuit ratings not stupid high, I find myself being caught by them even though this is is Robert Griffin I'm using.

Maybe I'm wrong but i don't think a DE shud be able to catch RGIII in a footrace, even if the both start running at near the same point. That and the DE should get tired.

Advice?
This is on Varsity AND AA btw.
Lower the speed threshold. If that's at 50 you're going to get caught by just about everyone. I think mine is at 40 or so.

You won't be able to turn the corner every time, but it should give you the result you're looking for.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I think my threshold is @ 40 as well. Also, lay off the sprint button until you're in the open (this goes for all runners and not just the QB). Once you push the sprint, the defense will get off their blocks and go for you.

For my QBs' running I use a lot of read options, SG triple options, speed options, load options (these have the biggest potential for huge gains for my) and QB powers.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I keep speed threshold around 10-15. I think it works best there
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I think my threshold is @ 40 as well. Also, lay off the sprint button until you're in the open (this goes for all runners and not just the QB). Once you push the sprint, the defense will get off their blocks and go for you.
I had totally forgotten about this until the other night.

In fact i've been doing it since release that now i have to re-break my habit.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I notice that if you use the Option Pass plays, the D reacts much more realistically.

Normally, if you start an option from the gun, there's still a threat of a pass because you haven't even come close to passing the LoS. Real life teams have to hang back a little bit before pursuing the QB because they know the ball could be thrown and not run. But in this game, the D magically knows that you're running from the start. Every defender is working to get to you from the instant the ball is snapped.

But when you use the option pass, the D magically knows that you could be throwing it too, even though regular options and option passes look exactly the same. So they hang back a bit like they're supposed to in order to cover the pass, and only go after you once you're getting close to the LoS.

This should help you running the ball with the QB since the whole D won't be focused on you running the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »