Home

NCAA Football 12 Title Update #4 Is In The Works

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Title Update #4 Is In The Works within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #57
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 12 Title Update #4 Is In The Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
though I'm no fan of the issues in the game either, I just don't see how so many people think 4 patches is a strange or new thing in video games. I guess you guys never played any PC games before.
It's true that many PC games release several patches, but what these patches actually do is completely different.

Most PC games(good ones anyway) have nearly all the big issues fixed before the game is released, and any that aren't are fixed in the first patch. Then minor bugs or balance tweaks will be fixed in the next couple patches as they are found. They usually do not (a) introduce NEW gamebreaking glitches, (b) leave broken parts of the game everyone complains about intact(i.e. psychic cpu). Usually with a (good) PC game the game is at least 95% perfect by the second patch.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #58
Rookie

Dolfanjoe's Arena

OVR: 6

[quote=baden;2042957819]My top five:

3. Heismen AI attempting 60+ yard field goals.

This is my MOST wanted fix. I enjoy playing CPU vs CPU games, and heisman is where it plays best, IMHO, and this bug is what's keeping it almost unplayable.

Please EA, Fix this!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #59
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

No it's EA. They are going to receive a lot more flak for things than other developers.

I really didn't want to play that card, but checking out reviews for NBA 2K12 where they said that association was basically the same thing as last year. If that was EA, they would be getting blasted, but 2K12 got a 'oh well'. (Not saying 2K12 is a bad game, I loved 2K11. I'll pick up 12 on BF at the earliest)

EA receives a lot more crap than other developers do. They probably should since they are the '#1' in that department (overall, not individually). I'm tired of the issues with this game and I may be done playing it for a while, but seeing the direction of other EA games, I'm pretty hopeful they have a new engine in the works. I have a gut feeling that's the case, a lot of the patch fixes have been more for basic database info, rather than on the game play end, which makes me feel like they are in a faint way neglecting it because they are working on something new.

Anyways, I hope they fix the things that are left, the big glaring issues are gone, obviously there are things that need to be fixed but it isn't horrible as people make it sound, people toss the word Gamebreaking around too simply.

At least EA is putting out a fourth patch to get this game where it should be (Even though the third was basically 2.1).

They proved me wrong and I can appreciate it, it may have gotten me to buy next year once the bugs are out there.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #60
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
It's true that many PC games release several patches, but what these patches actually do is completely different.

Most PC games(good ones anyway) have nearly all the big issues fixed before the game is released, and any that aren't are fixed in the first patch. Then minor bugs or balance tweaks will be fixed in the next couple patches as they are found. They usually do not (a) introduce NEW gamebreaking glitches, (b) leave broken parts of the game everyone complains about intact(i.e. psychic cpu). Usually with a (good) PC game the game is at least 95% perfect by the second patch.
If most PC games have nearly all the big issues fixed before release, then why do most have a day 1 patch? and then still have many issues? and FWIW, some PC patches usually end up being bigger fixing more things than console games typically.

I'm not sure how the NCAA patches are different than PC patches. they both are fixing and/or tuning the game in an attempt to make it "better".

also, if your going to include psychic DB as "broken", then there are a lot of "broken" PC games out there. I would comment about the random 95% perfect stat, but it's no use.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 10-08-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA 2013 dynasty needs to have 3 games a year that you can pick to be college gameday!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #62
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

If it addresses the Tendency bug, then I'll be happy. With no-huddle fixed, I'm pretty well set with this game now.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #63
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21
Thank you, please fix this game. Fix option D in zone!
Old 10-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #64
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB

You really REALLY don't know PC gaming as well as you think you do just to prove your point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »