Home

Best Head Coach Position Offered???

This is a discussion on Best Head Coach Position Offered??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
Rookie

TRED33's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Best Head Coach Position Offered???

I was the head coach at Navy and I got offered the head coaching job at Georgia, after 3 winning seasons at Navy. I haven't had a problem getting job offers. I waited three seasons to get the job I thought was good.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Location: The god blessed US of A! Wanna know more, ask and find out!

Adda boy Bill!! Warrior Nation baby!!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I started my most recent dynasty with UNC with a three year contract as head coach. We won the NC my first season and I was offered a contract extension of three years which I turned down. I was also offered a few OC jobs at mid level schools such as: Texas Tech, Illinois, et cetera. The only decent head coaching job that I was offered was Syracuse.

In year two, we won the NC again. I wasn't offered a contract extension nor was I offered any coaching job at any school in the country. Unbelievable...

Then in year three, we lost the NC to Alabama and I wasn't offered a single head coaching job other than UNC. Oklahoma(12-2 resigned Stoops), LSU (11-2 fired Milesand promoted DC Chavis), Notre Dame (4-8 resigned Kelly), USF (4-8 resigned Holtz), Kentucky (3-9 resigned Phillips), Colorado (3-9 resigned Embree), Michigan State (12-2 resigned Dantonio), Oregon (11-2 resigned Kelly), Penn State (12-2 resigned Paterno), USC (8-5 fired Kiffin and hired Snyder HC from EMU who was 3-9), Texas (9-3 fired Brown and hired OC Koenning from Miss St who was 4-8, TCU (11-3 resigned Patterson), et cetera.

So now I can either accept the OC position at UNC where I was the head coach with 2 NCs in 3 years or just go back to where my game had been saved last...

Last edited by ATLsportsfan; 10-10-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
Rookie

was the offensive coordinator at new mexico for a 2 seasons and won the national championship my first year then simmed through second. Joe paterno retired so the head coach job at penn state was open. Came in to the top recruiting class so I got lucky.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #13
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3

I spent 5 years as an OC at Rice (2) Louisville (1) and Texas (2). All of my years we were top top in the NCAA in total yards, PPG, and either rushing OR passing including my last year at Texas where we were 1st in passing and 3rd in rushing.

I was offered Ole Miss multiple times, Vanderbilt, Penn State, Indiana, Washington, Washington State. I have gotten about every 1-3* job offer a coach can get. I think the system needs tweaking but I think it does a good job, my prestige is a B+ and all the top programs have A coaches.

Maybe my time is coming. I just took the head coaching job at Minnesota who was 1-11 the year before and we are currently 5-1. I would like to end up at a big time school but I don't see any of these coaches getting fired.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

In my dynasty, I started out as Head Coach with UNLV.

2011: 5-7
2012: 8-5 (lost bowl game)
Signed an extension with UNLV.
2013: 9-4 (lost bowl game)
Did some conference re-shuffling, UNLV joined the Big 12 (Big 12 top teams moved on to other conferences; Pac-12/SEC)
2014: 8-5 (won Cotton Bowl)

Received HC offers from Missouri (SEC now), UCLA, Ole Miss to name a few. Took the offer from Missouri. Seems pretty good to me...
Old 10-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #15
Banned

I played OC for 4 years, And then DC for three years...And i had Tons of HC job offers, Had #1, #3,#6, #7, #9,#14,#16, and a few rank #20's wanting me to become HC....I passed on them all and took OC job on #2 ranked LSU,,, and won 2 Champs & 3 bowel games....It was the funnest i EVER had playing Any game...........Wish Madden would let you be OC, DC, would add a lot to the game...But hey they need to do a lot more to madden b4 the add OC, DC to it.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #16
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

I started out as a HC at Rutgers and got fired after an 8-4 season. I then took a OC at Western Michigan (which by the way is amazing in this game) I had 3 bowl victories 1 was the NC. I then was only offered 1 HC position at SMU. I took that position and am going to stay here for the long haul to see what kind of program I can turn it into. After a few years I will then move them into the big 12 with TCU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »