Home

has illegal touching ever been in this series?

This is a discussion on has illegal touching ever been in this series? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
has illegal touching ever been in this series?

Has illegal touching ever been a penalty in this series? either last gen or current gen? Maybe it was madden but i could have sworn it was on ncaa at one point. I could be wrong, and am not trying to sarcastically bash the game, just honestly wondering if it was ever in the game?

I ask because i just got hosed by the computer. In the first quarter of the game im playing, I had to challenge a pass the game decided was caught by the cpu for a first down. He was clearly out, i had to challenge because of course the booth wouldnt do it for me. Its overturned and ruled an incomplete pass.
2nd quarter cpu player makes a catch that again i thought was pretty obviously OB. I have to challenge again. After looking at the replays the wr ran out of bounds comes back in and gets one foot in and the 2nd lands out. (i know you only need 1 foot in bounds in college). Only thing is that if illegal touching were in the game, this would have obviously been illegal touching and the play wouldnt have counted.

If this was in the game at one point, why the heck wouldnt it be now?????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: has illegal touching ever been in this series?

I remember on 1 version I think. I also remember defensive holding that was actually called, previews of upcoming games, tickers along the bottom of what the Heisman leaders were doing, etc.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes, it's in 2004 on the ps2. I know because I have been playing it lately.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I swear it used to be in the series, because I remember getting angry when WR's would inexplicably run out the back of the endzone, come back in and get flagged when they caught the pass. Not nearly as angry as I get when the same thing happens and it doesn't get flagged though. Or worse, when users run out of bounds to get around a defender and come back in.

I can't tell you when the last time this was in the game. But I want it back.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

The penalties part of this game is outdated. Clipping? Yeah, it's still in the game of football. But it's called illegal block in the back! Same thing, just a change in the name of the penalty.

The penalty aspect of the game needs a rebuild. I'm not suprised it hasn't been touched in years. Penalties are part of gameplay and a gameplay overhaul is a much needed commodity with this game.

Penalties not in the game:

Pass Interference (It's in the game but it's not so I'll start off with this)
Illegal man downfield
Tripping
Defensive Holding (Automatic first down)
Illegal Touching
Chop Block (block below the waste or while a defensive player is already engaged)
Unsportsmanlike conduct (taunting)
Personal foul (Spearing, late hit out of bounds)

Others: Don't see why they need to be in the game because they're pre-snap

Illegal motion
Illegal procedure
Illegal shift
Illegal substitution
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
Rookie

sebastiancane's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
The penalties part of this game is outdated. Clipping? Yeah, it's still in the game of football. But it's called illegal block in the back! Same thing, just a change in the name of the penalty.

The penalty aspect of the game needs a rebuild. I'm not suprised it hasn't been touched in years. Penalties are part of gameplay and a gameplay overhaul is a much needed commodity with this game.

Penalties not in the game:

Pass Interference (It's in the game but it's not so I'll start off with this)
Illegal man downfield
Tripping
Defensive Holding (Automatic first down)
Illegal Touching
Chop Block (block below the waste or while a defensive player is already engaged)
Unsportsmanlike conduct (taunting)
Personal foul (Spearing, late hit out of bounds)

Others: Don't see why they need to be in the game because they're pre-snap

Illegal motion
Illegal procedure
Illegal shift
Illegal substitution
That is the problem with the developers. I swear that these guys do not know anything about football. They must be all from Asia.

In regards to the illegal motion/procedure, how can this be integrated when you can only motion one player at a time and you cannot move the player forward when you are in motion?

Plus, some of the Y-formations available are illegal to begin with because the tackles are uncovered and do not report as eligible receivers.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:17 AM   #7
Pro

Polo Bandit's Arena

OVR: 7

I miss the late hit penalties from the late 90s Madden games. After giving up a big play, it was therapeutic to knock the crap out of the opposing WR.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
I had an OT named Michael Jackson. He did receive several illegal touching penalties, but none of them were on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »