Home

What offense do you run?

This is a discussion on What offense do you run? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What offense do you run?

I run what I call a "power spread." I use all of the Shotgun "wing" sets, with the FB/TE in front of the HB. I also have two Pistol formations, all with the lead back for a more down hill running style. I love to use the HB Counters, Buck Sweeps, and Power-O from all of my Shotgun sets that allow it. I do run the read option as well, along with Jet Sweeps and QB Power runs. Basically my offense looks like a Dan Mullen, Gus Malzahn mix (not the tempo bc of the no-huddle problem. Im almost afraid to download the patch.) I use alot of dig, smash and flood routes in my passing game. I usually try to roll the pocket or use PA and isolate one defender with a high-low read while keeping my back side route in mind, usually either a deep post, or a curl. I also love the angle routes by the HB or motioning my back out to see if hes matched up with a LB then taking advantage of the mis-match. The only thing I wish was in that they probably will never fix is the line splits. That would complete my idea of spreading a defense to the max horizontally the smashing them right in the mouth.

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Old 10-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wisconsin's playbook. Exclusively. I run the ball, pass it to open up the run, then run some more. I tend to make too many mistakes when I throw the ball too much, so I stick to somewhat safer passes. As long as I don't give the ball away too much, it's usually enough for me to win.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #11
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcometix
Wisconsin's playbook. Exclusively. I run the ball, pass it to open up the run, then run some more. I tend to make too many mistakes when I throw the ball too much, so I stick to somewhat safer passes. As long as I don't give the ball away too much, it's usually enough for me to win.
I hear ya bro, sounds like we have the same ideas just done from different looks. Last year I had a stud running QB and once he graduated the next in line wasnt a bad runner, but not great either, so I switched to more undercenter. I still ran the good ol' Power-O and Counter Trey though. Those plays never fail, gettin more people at the point of attack, Football 101!

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OneQuickWhitt's Arena

Run and Shoot. Honestly, other than a power run offense, i cant run anything else anymore. RnS is just so natural to me. Plus, passing for 500 and scoring 55+ is quite gratifying when you can do it against a powerhouse with a team full of scrubs
Old 10-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #13
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Under-center Air Raid. Being under center makes all throws faster and gives you a higher completion %. You also have access to the under center handoff, which is generally more effective than shotgun runs. The downside is that there's more LB tips because the ball doesn't travel as high when you throw from under center.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm pretty new to the game, how do you send guys in motion?
I haven't bothered reading the in-game manual, or trying to figure it out on the fly.

I know how to do hot routes, and audibles, but for some reason I can't figure out something as simple as sending a receiver in motion.

I've run a lot of Trips Right style plays where I could have isolated a Receiver on a linebacker if I could have only pulled one of my receivers in a bit before the snap. Instead I end up getting a Linebacker covering the shallow pass, and a Cornerback or safety covering both receivers (sometimes all three) over the top. My receivers can't jump to save their lives, and are all short, so until I get some new kids in, I'm having a hard time tossing it deep against the better team's taller secondaries.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
The run and shoot. Most of the time I use passing plays with wr option routes.
The downside is youll rack up alot of points and yards through the air and embarrass opposing defensive coordinators.
I also use the Run-and-Shoot. Probably the reason I play NCAA as much as I do...

I think I might revive the old R&S thread with some pointers on running some of the base plays... even though they still are only representing a small portion of the offense in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #16
Rookie

Spread Run (Modified Auburn) with a few I-Formations thrown in for power running when needed. However, I lean on whatever my strongest backfield player is, so I've bounced around from a Read Option Spread, to a Gun Spread (Heavy Passing), to, currently, a sweep/dive Spread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »