Home

Absence of juke move takes away fun for me

This is a discussion on Absence of juke move takes away fun for me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Absence of juke move takes away fun for me

Speed threshold don't address momentum, it addresses speed of how much separation it is between fast players and slow players. Basically the lower the threshold, the least likely a player will be able to be caught from behind.

Far as tackle slider and RBA goes, that has nothing to do with momentum either. All that addresses is how easy or hard it is to break out of tackles.

We are talking about momentum, not how fast a player runs or how easy it is to break out of tackles. Big difference.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

Far as tackle slider and RBA goes, that has nothing to do with momentum either. All that addresses is how easy or hard it is to break out of tackles.
I understand this and my point was basically about the constant compromises needed to enjoy this game to the fullest.

Look at the roster edits. You have to jack a OT down to 20 strength just to get the ends to get decent pressure and killing the overall rating of the OT in the process. You have to murder the D on Pursuit, Play Recog and Zone and Man Cov ratings just to get them to respect momentum, even then on higher difficulty levels the reaction time of the D is not always ideal as they still do things they should not be able to do. My point about the Tackle and RBA sliders was the ridiculous compromising we have to do to get one thing to work right while letting another aspect of the game suffer. Then on top of that we have Poltergeist sliders in effect, one slider is reversed and another one works just fine. It's really frustrating.

Ultimately EA has fix all this crap on their own end someway, somehow one of these years.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Now I know that the juke move was probably a little over powered in the past but the fact that the spin move is more effective than any other move is just plain unrealistic. Anyone who watches college football knows that a great RB makes somebody miss almost every play. Now since the juke move is completely gone I feel every RB is the same except for speed. The main complaint is I can't use a defender's momentum against him if he over runs me. Now I like the way the "shimmy shake" works but it only seems to work if the defender is still 4 or 5 yards away. I'm still having fun with this game but I don't enjoy the run game as much because I feel like I can't use the right stick at all. Again I think the reason was probably because EA felt it was over powered but I really hope they are working on a less powerful animation and not thinking that it is fine without it.

Does anyone else agree with me? I'm curious to hear others' thoughts.
Agree 100%.The only settng I can get some juking going is on Very fast speed. Nothing that remedies the problem, but I can get a juke going from time to time on this speed setting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

EA took the juke move away?
Old 10-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #13
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600

The problem is when you lower the Tackle slider to 15-20 (Best value IMO) and the RBA is anywhere close to 50 you get almost no fumbles. I mean literally a stretch of games where any ball carrier besides the QB will not fumble at all. It's a compromise that we shouldn't need to make because a Fumble slider would allow for low value Tackle settings without the drawbacks.
True for users. Aggressive ball strip is still unbalanced enough to make the CPU fumble a plenty. That adjustment is such an exploit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Speed threshold don't address momentum, it addresses speed of how much separation it is between fast players and slow players. Basically the lower the threshold, the least likely a player will be able to be caught from behind.

Interesting. My assumption based on how it played at 0 compared to default was that it reduced momentum. I was able to change directions with less respect to my speed. Maybe this just felt quicker in relation to the defense. For the first time since the early 90s or maybe Madden 04 (which I didnt even like) I was able to reverse field in a an EA Football game. This was always one of my peeves with the current momentum. Any type of stop and go running, reverses or end arounds were not worth attempting. In this game at 0 threshold it at least feels possible. I had one kick return where I basically manually juked the defense cutting across the field with defenders overrunning the play. I fielded near the left sideline ran to the right a little then tapped left twice and sprinted to the right. I repeated that movement broke one tackle and caught daylight. I was really surprised to return a kick in such a way. I replayed it and could see that my taps to the left caused several defenders to drift away from my path so with a couple blocks I only needed one broken tackle.

Whats nice is that at 0 threshold you don’t have super human players. In that I credit the ratings. Compared to NBA 2k this game certainly gets things right by with athletic ratings.

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 10-21-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #14
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Agree 100%.The only settng I can get some juking going is on Very fast speed. Nothing that remedies the problem, but I can get a juke going from time to time on this speed setting.
Very fixes a lot of problems, did last year too but ppl have a thing about playing on very fast.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #15
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Very fixes a lot of problems, did last year too but ppl have a thing about playing on very fast.
I don't mind playing on normal and had a blast playing on fast. It just seems like playing on slow and very slow brings out the best as far as animations are concerned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #16
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I don't mind playing on normal and had a blast playing on fast. It just seems like playing on slow and very slow brings out the best as far as animations are concerned.
To me, that's just not the speed the games I watch on Saturday play at.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »