Home

New PS3 1 to 2 Star Non AQ Dynasty

This is a discussion on New PS3 1 to 2 Star Non AQ Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
Rookie

BleedBlue23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: New PS3 1 to 2 Star Non AQ Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
I'd love to be in, shoot me an invite

Psn: nick_fairley
You're in. I sent your invite. What team you taking?
Old 10-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #18
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0

Im down, I'm thinking a real challenge here, so let me get the Army Black Knights!

psn- MrPolo7

thanks

edit:Oh and I just checked out there roster, I won't ever be throwing the ball...that is all haha

Last edited by MrPolo7; 10-21-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #19
Rookie

BleedBlue23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
Im down, I'm thinking a real challenge here, so let me get the Army Black Knights!

psn- MrPolo7

thanks

edit:Oh and I just checked out there roster, I won't ever be throwing the ball...that is all haha
Great! I sent your invite. Was hoping someone would snatch up Army.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #20
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue23
Great! I sent your invite. Was hoping someone would snatch up Army.
Awesome, now I just have to decide if I want to go full-on Flexbone or use Air Force's PB
Old 10-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #21
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Awesome, now I just have to decide if I want to go full-on Flexbone or use Air Force's PB
Army is a team that always intrigued me because of that FB and not terrible speed at QB but that is about it. Well, and awesome uniforms. Had I gone there, I would have ended up in a custom book with I/Flex/Wishbone and run as many times as humanly possible. If I could win games with 0 pass attempts, I would make it happen lol.

I will be directly opposite of that at Hawai'i. Moniz has a rocket, I have like 15 WR's on roster and no FB or TE. I have 5 HB's but none of them are good and the "best" of them is 6' 240. I am really withing Moniz's ratings reflected his true running ability, he is a very talented runner, but I'll make due.

I am probably just going to run the exact offense I run with Oklahoma State in another dynasty. Shotgun air raid offense; mesh, shallow cross, stick, a ton of screens and mixing in a bunch of WR's. At OSU I run the ball some out of Pistol as well, but I don't think I can do that at Hawai'i.

Part of me wants to go under center and run 4WR Ace just because I could sneak in some runs here and there, but the passing concepts in Ace suck because there is no mesh or shallow cross or any quality screens. Pistol should be a good middle ground, but none of the 3x1 formations have quality pass concepts.

Long story short.... I will be throwing 1000 times a game unless I can design a playbook that gives me some decent run looks which I don't see happening. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do when Moniz graduates next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #22
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Army is a team that always intrigued me because of that FB and not terrible speed at QB but that is about it. Well, and awesome uniforms. Had I gone there, I would have ended up in a custom book with I/Flex/Wishbone and run as many times as humanly possible. If I could win games with 0 pass attempts, I would make it happen lol.

I will be directly opposite of that at Hawai'i. Moniz has a rocket, I have like 15 WR's on roster and no FB or TE. I have 5 HB's but none of them are good and the "best" of them is 6' 240. I am really withing Moniz's ratings reflected his true running ability, he is a very talented runner, but I'll make due.

I am probably just going to run the exact offense I run with Oklahoma State in another dynasty. Shotgun air raid offense; mesh, shallow cross, stick, a ton of screens and mixing in a bunch of WR's. At OSU I run the ball some out of Pistol as well, but I don't think I can do that at Hawai'i.

Part of me wants to go under center and run 4WR Ace just because I could sneak in some runs here and there, but the passing concepts in Ace suck because there is no mesh or shallow cross or any quality screens. Pistol should be a good middle ground, but none of the 3x1 formations have quality pass concepts.

Long story short.... I will be throwing 1000 times a game unless I can design a playbook that gives me some decent run looks which I don't see happening. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do when Moniz graduates next year.
See I love the days at WVU with Pat White, Steve Slaton, Owen Schmitt, (and Noel Devine), even though I love running an air raid offense as well...but whenever I do a dynasty I always end up reverting back to a spread-option system, so with Army for now I think I'll stick with the flexbone, and with some recruiting I might expand to a more zone-read type offense
Old 10-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #23
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

BTW it's nice not having to feel that "win now" attitude, as I just looked at the preseason rankings, and Army is ranked 75th in the country...can only go up from here! ha
Old 10-22-2011, 02:06 AM   #24
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
See I love the days at WVU with Pat White, Steve Slaton, Owen Schmitt, (and Noel Devine), even though I love running an air raid offense as well...but whenever I do a dynasty I always end up reverting back to a spread-option system, so with Army for now I think I'll stick with the flexbone, and with some recruiting I might expand to a more zone-read type offense
I used to run almost exclusively spread option using Wing and Flex formations. It was deadly last year, but I started getting really predictable with my passing out of those because the pass plays in Flex and Wing formations are pretty weak, so I would get in predictable pass formations.

Then I decided to run spread option out of traditional gun formations like Ace, Ace Twins, Trips, etc. It worked a little bit better, but the runs aren't designed as well as I hoped.

Then I ended up at Oklahoma State in a dynasty and just ran air raid to death and had some of the best offensive production I had ever had. I am not sure if I want to just run the exact same thing at Hawai'i or if I want to install something a little different. I have no FB or TE, so my options are pretty limited in what I can do. I may add a few Ace or Flexbone sets with 4 WR's just to get a few run looks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »