Home

Gameplay AI issues that need to be tuned with video proof

This is a discussion on Gameplay AI issues that need to be tuned with video proof within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #41
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Gameplay AI issues that need to be tuned with video proof

i dont know if its the multiple patches/tuner but EVERY game i get atleast 2 picks on the cpu thats juts unrealistic....

and its not user picks....its just BS picks the cpu players on my team make...i am playing default AA, with BC, they jump everything, morph through players etc...and its always on man cov....

i rather play cover 2 as i miss many tackles but the cpu cant pass on man cov AT ALL....

i dont normally use sliders as i believe they dont fix logic but i dropped mine(int& cov) to 20 and while they beat me on angular routes if the ball travels in the air more than 30yds its a pick by my AI teammates,,,,

most of the stuff skillz is showing here i have somewhat sorted out, only to have hours of editing killed by DB's who have no hips, knees or ankles...

i went to gamestop yesturday only to find out its 15 trade in, so back to work in trying to find how to fix DB's.

fix the DB AI.......

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #42
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i dont know if its the multiple patches/tuner but EVERY game i get atleast 2 picks on the cpu thats juts unrealistic....

and its not user picks....its just BS picks the cpu players on my team make...i am playing default AA, with BC, they jump everything, morph through players etc...and its always on man cov....

i rather play cover 2 as i miss many tackles but the cpu cant pass on man cov AT ALL....

i dont normally use sliders as i believe they dont fix logic but i dropped mine(int& cov) to 20 and while they beat me on angular routes if the ball travels in the air more than 30yds its a pick by my AI teammates,,,,

most of the stuff skillz is showing here i have somewhat sorted out, only to have hours of editing killed by DB's who have no hips, knees or ankles...

i went to gamestop yesturday only to find out its 15 trade in, so back to work in trying to find how to fix DB's.

fix the DB AI.......
It was like that before the patches....Actually it was even worse, I remember back in July they were throwing around 4 or 5 a game. Just random BS it would never happen in real life type of interceptions.

Over all though, their whole mocap of animations is just off. It is kind of like they just used random office cubical guys to do the plays and not ex football players.

For instance, look how the DBs and WRs interact during a jam animation. All you see is the DB holding both arms out and the WR just running directly into him. That is not how it happens in real life.

In real life BOTH players does a rapid fire of jabs and push offs. Mainly because if you just hold your arm full extended like that, your average WR would simply chop it down with their arm.

Look how they run their fade routes. They just go in a straight line. Which is wrong. You suppose to run the defender towards the inside of the field and break off towards the sideline in a slant, leaving nothing but space between you and the sideline. Also fade routes suppose to ALWAYS be a jump ball situation. In the game the WR don't even jump most of the time, he just stands there flat footed like it was a curl route.

Another thing, for all their talk of jump catch animation and bull rush animation, I NEVER seen the CPU do a diving catch on their own. Nor have I ever seen them do a bull rush on their own either.

Which is weird since in Madden, CPU WRs been doing diving catches on their own since Madden 10. And I am talking about the full extension diving catches going forward, not the old knees half bent dive going sideways and they roll on the ground thing. That catch isn't new and been in the game since NCAA 10.

I see it over and over again in coach mode. QB throws the ball about a good yard and a half pass the WR and the WR won't even attempt to dive for it. Bottom line, the WRs don't attack the ball. They can see a pass tipped right in front of them and they will just watch it hit the ground instead of diving for it.

And I see way too many over the shoulder interceptions in this game. DBs defy their jump ratings when they are beat. You can do a deep post, DB can be beat by a good 2 or 3 yards and they will turn into Michael Jordan and just jump up and catch the ball with both hands, DESPITE THEIR JUMP RATING OR CATCH RATING.

I put both of those ratings at 0 and they still did it. I was shocked. I would rather DBs swat the ball away when they are beat, when they are in POSITION to do it. If you trailing by 3 yards, no way in the world should you be able to make a play on the ball at all.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #43
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
That last thing you said has and forever will be my biggest gripe in the game. What's sad is its where you're supposed to go with the ball in that situation normally, but in Ncaa it isn't because the QB will always ALWAYS underthrow the ball and if not the DB will do that damn animation thus triggering a stupid commentary reaction about it as well which annoys me further. Sadly I don't think this is something tiburon thinks is an issue. At. All.

...and I actually ENJOY NCAA for the most part. Despite that nonsense.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #44
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Sadly I don't think this is something tiburon thinks is an issue. At. All.
Mainly because online players like it because they THINK they are getting an interception from their "stick skills", but in reality they getting it from flawed AI animation logic.

Same thing with the line interaction and how easy defenders disengage from blocks as soon as you hit the LOS. They put that in because of online players who can't tackle were complaining the option offense and outside runs were too powerful. In reality it wasn't, people just were bad at tackling and defensive play calling.

Same thing with kick returns and punt returns. People said it was too easy to do online, now we got a game where people don't even block for you on returns.

They need to stop catering to the online crowd and get back to the basics of FOOTBALL. Game motto was everything you see on saturday, not everything you see during online play.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:26 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
That last thing you said has and forever will be my biggest gripe in the game. What's sad is its where you're supposed to go with the ball in that situation normally, but in Ncaa it isn't because the QB will always ALWAYS underthrow the ball and if not the DB will do that damn animation thus triggering a stupid commentary reaction about it as well which annoys me further. Sadly I don't think this is something tiburon thinks is an issue. At. All.

...and I actually ENJOY NCAA for the most part. Despite that nonsense.
Completely agree with you here. It seems like QBs aren't placing the ball correctly, despite where you may be leading w/ the left stick. It always seems to be in perfect position for the DB/LB to swat or catch it, when in reality if the WR has a few yards of separation on the defensive player that isn't possible. It seems to be an issue with Madden as well, but I feel as if it's more prevalent in this game just based on my experience.

I've also seen way too many balls swatted down by LBs when the ball is being thrown like 15-20 yards past them (I'm sure this is a common complaint). It's kind of like they shift backwards despite any momentum they may have had in order to swat the ball out of the air, when in reality the ball would be soaring over the defender's head.

All-in-all, I've found passing defense on the game to be quite disappointing and unrealistic, both while playing on D and facing one. I thought this was potentially an issue with my skills as a player (maybe it is), but my friends have been complaining about it as well, and they're arguably better than me at this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2011, 04:03 AM   #46
Banned

KCClassic7807's Arena

OVR: 9

Good video, with great points, I notice this too when I went back and played the demos of both NCAA and Madden 11 I was consider purchasing them both again for Offline gameplay purposes
Old 10-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #47
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They need to stop catering to the online crowd and get back to the basics of FOOTBALL. Game motto was everything you see on saturday, not everything you see during online play.
And this is why this series current gen has been inferior to last gen's. This main reason right here. Last gen wasn't perfect, but considering the time and hardware EA has at their disposal there is no way this game should be in the shape it's in.

They took away the strafe catch on higher difficulties in order to hurt the cheesers online, but wait, the receivers don't attack the ball, so the only tool you have to use in order to square up and make a decent play on a ball in the air is taken away from you on AA and Hesiman. Did EA think about that? It's little things like this that make me cringe, but as LionNJ said I enjoy the game a lot. That's what's so annoying about all this. I wish I could just give up and move on like I do with other games, but the game is still really good, yet so flawed and limited.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:32 AM   #48
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

This push tackle animation is done way too much in Madden 12 and NCAA 12. It is the most used tackle animation by the cpu. It is highly unrealistic.

Nobody in real life tackles like this in the open field. The only time a defender pushes a ball carrier like this is if he is near the sideline and he is simply trying to push him out of bounds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »