Home

Gameplay AI issues that need to be tuned with video proof

This is a discussion on Gameplay AI issues that need to be tuned with video proof within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Gameplay AI issues that need to be tuned with video proof

Ok here is some video proof of game play AI issues I have been talking about for the past few years on here. However some people seem to be in denial and constantly claim they don't see it or don't know what I am talking about.

In this 1st video, here is the QB just standing there when pressure is coming up the middle. I see this happen way too often in the game. QB AI don't know how to react when a defensive lineman comes freely up the middle, they just stand there in the pocket.

Instead they should roll out to the left or roll out to the right. Or at least spin away from the pressure and not blindly try to step up and throw the ball when a defender is THAT CLOSE to them.

In this video, it shows the bad punt return AI the CPU has. They run in a straight line all the time. They never try to run to the outside or cut across the field. They have tunnel vision and just run straight forward regardless.

In this video, even on designed running plays, the CPU AI suffers from tunnel vision. Instead of bouncing to the outside where it was nothng but OPEN SPACE, he instead continues to run straight forward and try to bull doze a defender that outweighs him by a good 30 pounds.

The CPU AI is brain dead when it comes to what to do during a 1 on 1 situation. They don't know how to react to it. Instead they just dumbly and blindly just run straight forward head on directly INTO defenders. Even against defenders that greatly out weigh them.

Ball carrier vision and AI logic of what to do during 1 on 1 situations need to be greatly improved.

For those who are wondering, this is default All American Coach Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Re: Gameplay AI issues that need to be tuned with video proof

I see this happen quite often with the CPU QB AI. Sometimes they act like a chicken with their head cut off. Sometimes I will see running backs do this too.

But in this video, the QB can't seem to make up his mind on what he wants to do. Does he scramble right, scramble left. He can't make up his mind.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

There has to be something going on with the tuner process this year..it's incredible how it's not being utilized.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
There has to be something going on with the tuner process this year..it's incredible how it's not being utilized.
The only thing they are going to tune is the stuff the online people are whining about. We need working sliders and a more intelligent AI. I think both of those will take alot of work because if they knew how to do it, we wouldn't be having this same conversation every year.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The only thing they are going to tune is the stuff the online people are whining about. We need working sliders and a more intelligent AI. I think both of those will take alot of work because if they knew how to do it, we wouldn't be having this same conversation every year.
I don't think it takes a lot of work considering the CPU ball carrier running logic on Madden is 10x better then NCAA. It was this way last year as well. Both games share the same damn programmers.

So how is it they can get it to work on Madden but not on NCAA when they are programmed by the same people using the same engine ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I don't think it takes a lot of work considering the CPU ball carrier running logic on Madden is 10x better then NCAA. It was this way last year as well. Both games share the same damn programmers.

So how is it they can get it to work on Madden but not on NCAA when they are programmed by the same people using the same engine ?
What do I look like Mr. Owl?

How do you features that work one year and are broken the next on the same engine?

In all honesty, I hope you are right that its not that hard. We supply EA with enough free input and beta testing that they should really make this come through.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

To further prove my point, since video is worth a thousand words,, look at these QB scrambles from Madden 11 by the CPU QB. Now tell me have you ever seen the QB in NCAA 12 scramble like that ? Hell have you even seen a freaking RB in NCAA 12 run like that ?

Notice in the first 2 videos the QB is juking trying to avoid the defender in a 1 on1 situation, they aren't sliding. In the 3rd video notice how Vick spins away from the pressure THEN starts scrambling.

Now these are QBs ! QBs in Madden 11 run better then RBs in NCAA 12.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

^^^^Its true, those are good videos. I hate the automatic QB slide in NCAA 2012. Those are good videos of what should be going on. Those colors are alos more rich as opposed to the easter egg water colors of NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »