Home

Can't Advance Past Conference Championships - A solution

This is a discussion on Can't Advance Past Conference Championships - A solution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't Advance Past Conference Championships - A solution

I had the problem where I couldn't advance past the conference championship week. I had made some significant changes to the conference structures (eliminating all conference championship games and moving several major teams to Independents). I was able to find a couple of threads in which people were having the same problem, but with no solutions.

This worked for me: I deleted the most recent patch (Title Update #3). Then I simmed through the conference championship week, and re-installed the patch.

If you have this problem, I hope it works for you too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can't Advance Past Conference Championships - A solution

I did something very similar. 8 teams per conference, 32 independent teams. I'm not sure how you went about deciding which teams fall into which conferences, but I used a spreadsheet to set up each conference with teams that correspond to that conferences prestige. So gone from the Big 10 are teams like Indiana and Minnesota, leaving only the "A" teams. The SEC loses Vanderbilt and Kentucky and the two Mississippi schools and is left looking like an "A+" conference. At the other end of the spectrum, the bottom 32 teams were dumped into the Independents.

What you end up with are 11 meaningful conference races every year, with my hope being that year-over-year, the power stays away from a crappy Sun Belt conference where Troy goes 12-0 against worthless opponents and works their way into the National Championship game.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peder
I did something very similar. 8 teams per conference, 32 independent teams. I'm not sure how you went about deciding which teams fall into which conferences, but I used a spreadsheet to set up each conference with teams that correspond to that conferences prestige. So gone from the Big 10 are teams like Indiana and Minnesota, leaving only the "A" teams. The SEC loses Vanderbilt and Kentucky and the two Mississippi schools and is left looking like an "A+" conference. At the other end of the spectrum, the bottom 32 teams were dumped into the Independents.

What you end up with are 11 meaningful conference races every year, with my hope being that year-over-year, the power stays away from a crappy Sun Belt conference where Troy goes 12-0 against worthless opponents and works their way into the National Championship game.
nice, I may do something like that too...wish Conference Prestige werent a static value per team though...

were you also experiencing the 'cant advance bug' like the OP and have to delete patch/reinstall at the end of every season?
Old 10-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
Rookie

I was experiencing it, and my googling led me to this post. Before I went to try the suggested fix, I of course had to share my almost identical conference alignment.

Anyway, this fix worked for me; I can now advance to the Championship Week and therefore Bowl Season. The only problem was finding a way to delete Update #3. Here's the info I jacked from a thread about Netflix:

Quote:
If you want to just change accounts, all you need to do is delete the files from your XBOX that relate to Netflix, and then re-download the application.

To do this, go to your System Settings, then to "Memory". Netflix is stored in Games (for some reason). Go down to the Netflix entry, and select both files and delete them.
Just make sure you only delete the Title Update #3 underneath NCAA Football 12.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
nice, I may do something like that too...wish Conference Prestige werent a static value per team though.
I'll post the alignment sometime... the aims of my alignment were as follows:
- No crappy teams at the bottom of the conference
- Ensuring that it's tough for anyone to go 12-0
- It's almost impossible for a team in the WAC to get hot and go undefeated
- But if they do, they probably earned it, and they deserve a shot at the MNC
- Teams should be aligned geographically as much as possible
- Teams should be aligned as closely as possible to their original conference
- The B1G and SEC should be true power houses with large stadiums, 5- and 6-star teams
- Finally, the bottom 32 teams just plain suck, and the game's better when they're off as Independents, acting as FCS opponents

It's damned nice not seeing an 8-4 Ohio creep into the Top 25 anymore while an 8-4 Nebraska slides out of the polls in a late-season loss. Now that I'm in Bowl Season, I'll have to see how the match-ups look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peder
I'll post the alignment sometime... the aims of my alignment were as follows:
- No crappy teams at the bottom of the conference
- Ensuring that it's tough for anyone to go 12-0
- It's almost impossible for a team in the WAC to get hot and go undefeated
- But if they do, they probably earned it, and they deserve a shot at the MNC
- Teams should be aligned geographically as much as possible
- Teams should be aligned as closely as possible to their original conference
- The B1G and SEC should be true power houses with large stadiums, 5- and 6-star teams
- Finally, the bottom 32 teams just plain suck, and the game's better when they're off as Independents, acting as FCS opponents

It's damned nice not seeing an 8-4 Ohio creep into the Top 25 anymore while an 8-4 Nebraska slides out of the polls in a late-season loss. Now that I'm in Bowl Season, I'll have to see how the match-ups look.
cool, thanks for sharing this with me, I enjoy the NCAA games but I'm not too into actual college football (more of an NFL guy) so honestly the conferences and the reasoning behind some of the teams' placement in them is something of an enigma.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
nice, I may do something like that too...wish Conference Prestige werent a static value per team though...

were you also experiencing the 'cant advance bug' like the OP and have to delete patch/reinstall at the end of every season?
It's not static per team; it's static per conference. Move Memphis into the SEC and their prestige becomes A+. Move Bama into the independents and it's prestige drops to D.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It's not static per team; it's static per conference. Move Memphis into the SEC and their prestige becomes A+. Move Bama into the independents and it's prestige drops to D.
aha, thanks for the clarification, I had it backwards

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »