Home

What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll

This is a discussion on What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you want to see improved in NCAA 13
WR/DB Interaction 208 65.41%
Offensive/Defenisve Line Interaction 166 52.20%
CPU Ball Carrier Logic - Usage of special moves, improved ball carrier vision, using the entire field when running 148 46.54%
Tackling 93 29.25%
Commentary 165 51.89%
Dynamic Weather 110 34.59%
Dynasty 190 59.75%
Road to Glory 66 20.75%
Special Teams - blocking on returns and blocking of FGs/Punts 149 46.86%
Presentation - Pregame, Halftime, Post Game 152 47.80%
Coach Mode - coach mode online, coach mode online dynasty 46 14.47%
Sliders - More sliders 105 33.02%
Ratings - Expanded IE: scramble, deep throw accuracy, medium accuracy, short, accuracy, throw on the run, DPP, roll out 171 53.77%
Player Models - Body types, stances, running styles, throwing styles, hair styles 137 43.08%
Equipment 90 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #49
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Matter of fact, to further prove it is just an excuse, they have a guy who was just hired this month ALREADY got something fixed in Madden 12 and it went live this monday. And he hasn't even been there a full month yet.
Out of curiosity what was the fix?
Old 10-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #50
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Ok ill check back
Ok for the chemistry idea it would be a roll both for players and for coaches in the schemes they run. Say you have a coach and he runs a spread offense and wants a pocket qb, speed back, and pass blocking or balanced lineman. On the team though they have a Scrambling QB, since the chemistry/prefrence of the QB and Coach don't match he will suffer a loss in rating, not a big lose maybe a 1% to 2% decrease, till off season to do the off season drill to start matching the coaches chemistry. What you would have is a players working to match the coach not the coach trying to match the players. So the players that matched the coach would get a boost in ratings 1% to 3% max through out the season till off season drill.

So you would create a game where if a school hires a coach they think is highly rated but half the players don't match it would be in a rebuilding phase till the players and coaches chemistry would match. So basicly it would be DPP but with the coaches affecting the players like it should be. This would also affect recruiting as well as the coaches prefrence would dictact the players they recruited to where if he wanted a pocket QB he would never go after a scramblinr QB, or if he wanted a run stopping MLB he wouldn't get a coverage MLB.

In a sense it would make coaches more valuable if the players chemistry and coaches chemistry click rather than be off, but it would make dynasty more fun because you would watch schools have to rebuild if the were a Pro-Style Offense and 3-4 defense and switched to a coach who was a Option Offense and a 4-2-5 defense. Its not totally plan out but that is a very simple basic outline of the chemistry rating.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #51
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

In real life though coaches match the player, not the other way around. You adjust to what talent you have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

less psychic DB b.s. and DBs changing direction on a dime mid-step...
Old 10-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #53
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mWolfe
Ok for the chemistry idea it would be a roll both for players and for coaches in the schemes they run. Say you have a coach and he runs a spread offense and wants a pocket qb, speed back, and pass blocking or balanced lineman. On the team though they have a Scrambling QB, since the chemistry/prefrence of the QB and Coach don't match he will suffer a loss in rating, not a big lose maybe a 1% to 2% decrease, till off season to do the off season drill to start matching the coaches chemistry. What you would have is a players working to match the coach not the coach trying to match the players. So the players that matched the coach would get a boost in ratings 1% to 3% max through out the season till off season drill.

So you would create a game where if a school hires a coach they think is highly rated but half the players don't match it would be in a rebuilding phase till the players and coaches chemistry would match. So basicly it would be DPP but with the coaches affecting the players like it should be. This would also affect recruiting as well as the coaches prefrence would dictact the players they recruited to where if he wanted a pocket QB he would never go after a scramblinr QB, or if he wanted a run stopping MLB he wouldn't get a coverage MLB.

In a sense it would make coaches more valuable if the players chemistry and coaches chemistry click rather than be off, but it would make dynasty more fun because you would watch schools have to rebuild if the were a Pro-Style Offense and 3-4 defense and switched to a coach who was a Option Offense and a 4-2-5 defense. Its not totally plan out but that is a very simple basic outline of the chemistry rating.
What happens if I'm a coach that fits the scheme to the players I have?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:06 PM   #54
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
In real life though coaches match the player, not the other way around. You adjust to what talent you have.
Yes they do adjust to the talent tha they have but they do not change their scheme they are going to use. So players still have to adjust to the coach, that is why coaching changes are so crucial. Its an adjustment for both coaches and players but the coach still pushes the player to fit into the scheme he wants to run. Lets look at Baylors defense they run a 4-3 D, now if they hired a defensive cordinator that had a 4-2-5 scheme Ibelieve they would be able to adjust because the players can fit that type of scheme because of the hybrid linebackers the have that can play both OLB an SS. Now take Alabama which runs a 3-4 if they hire a coach that runs a 4-2-5 they would have a harder time adjusting becuase their players are built around the 3-4 and the OLB would have a harder time adjusting to playing maybe both SS/OLB becaue they are not used to it. Same goes with offense, Schools hire coaches with winning records because somehow their scheme they uses worked where they are at but not always. NFL is the same way, sometimes players have a harder time adjusting to a new scheme just as coaches have a hard time to adjusting to the type of players they have. Take Washington when they hired Andre Haynsworth to be the nose tackle for there 3-4 defense he had a hard time adjusting to that role. So yes they adjust to the players but the coah is always in charge of what he wants done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
What happens if I'm a coach that fits the scheme to the players I have?
Your players that fit would get a 1% to 3% progression during the season and a little bit of a higher boost in the off season versus those that do not fit into the scheme.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #55
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

Whatever they do, no more of this

got this picture from the NCAA 12 picture thread, it's OGking's picture, not mine. It was the first one I seen that shows the Revo facemask not being connected to the top clips on the helmet. This bugs me. And on the back of the schutt air xp, it says riddell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #56
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
I wouldn't consider it loose, I would consider it being realistic in the sense that anything that can happen and teams can change. I mean in real life look how far Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn St, Florida St, Miami, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M have fallen.

But on the flip side, when I was a kid, if you ever told me TCU, Boise St, Oregon, Kansas St, Arkansas, Texas Tech and Stanford would become household names as power houses, I would have told you what the hell are you smoking ?

When I was a kid, the following were what conferences was known for, because these teams dominated their conference:

PAC 10:

USC, UCLA

BIG 10

Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St

ACC

Florida St, VT, Miami

Big 12

Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M

SEC

Florida, Alabama

25 years later.......my how times have changed.
Lol...A&M falling? When was A&M ever a top school?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »