Home

I am I right/wrong for this...

This is a discussion on I am I right/wrong for this... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #9
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I am I right/wrong for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHavenBlazer
Sounds like you are just bad at making adjustments and are a bad loser. If he's running 4-6 pinch, you could have run quick outs and chute routes from a shotgun formation. You should have manually covered the slant routes or adjust your coverage to put the outside corner into the buzz zone instead of the nickle and dime backs.

Basically, he whipped your a** and you couldn't handle it.
His QB is getting hit before he even takes a step out from under center and he is a sore loser?

Topics like this really help identify the lowest common denominator of this community. And of course, it is the lowest common denominator that EA appeals to.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sounds like you didn't know how to stop what he was doing. If something is working, why would you change it on offense? As far as the blitz up the middle is concerned, that happens from time to time thanks to EA but not always. IF it was some sort of shake blitz, then that's something else.

Outside slants can be stopped and so can the toss. Keeping your guys disengaged from the line of scrimmage stops the outside run and hot routing of the dbs to hook zones stops the outside slant such as in cover 2. Purple zones are broken. I think most people should know that so never hot route anyone to that unless you want someone covering the flats.

I got kicked out of a dynasty when i played my commish. I was houston and he was oklahoma. He kept calling a nickel 2-4-5 inside blitz with press EVERY play on D. I came out in trio shotgun and used motion and slants and screens to beat him and dropped 45 points in 3 quarters on his 99 def. He kept running the same play and I kept doing the same. He never mixed it up on D despite me having a crappy team.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well I was running a balanced attack on the first two drives(Ace,I-form, Shotgun). When I saw that my qb would get sacked before I could drop back, I could only do quick screens or press pass button as soon as I snapped the ball. I know how to stop an out slant and toss but these plays my cbs and S's would stand until rb pass the line.o.s. Theres a difference between attacking weaknesses and abusing exploits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by madguitarskillz1
Sounds like you didn't know how to stop what he was doing. If something is working, why would you change it on offense? As far as the blitz up the middle is concerned, that happens from time to time thanks to EA but not always. IF it was some sort of shake blitz, then that's something else.

Outside slants can be stopped and so can the toss. Keeping your guys disengaged from the line of scrimmage stops the outside run and hot routing of the dbs to hook zones stops the outside slant such as in cover 2. Purple zones are broken. I think most people should know that so never hot route anyone to that unless you want someone covering the flats.

I got kicked out of a dynasty when i played my commish. I was houston and he was oklahoma. He kept calling a nickel 2-4-5 inside blitz with press EVERY play on D. I came out in trio shotgun and used motion and slants and screens to beat him and dropped 45 points in 3 quarters on his 99 def. He kept running the same play and I kept doing the same. He never mixed it up on D despite me having a crappy team.
It shouldn't be the responsibility of a user to have to defend the same 2 plays over and over in a "sim" dynasty. That is not sim football. It doesn't matter if it is stoppable or not, you shouldn't have to deal with it and if you're trying to run a sim dynasty, that type of football has no place.

As for stopping it, your situation sounds a little different. He came out in the same defense every play, so you ran a combo of the same plays over and over to beat it. If a defense is forcing you to doing something, then do it. In my case, there are times when I'll be in my spread option and run HB Dive out of 4WR Trio or Spread Flex 10 times in a row because people want to sit in Cover 2 and Press. If you're reacting to a defensive set, do whatever you need to do.

But if your offense consists of Power I toss and 5WR Slants, you're up to no good. It is impossible to stop 5WR slants against even a slightly competent player. Bring pressure, they are quick to the flat. Sit in zone, they wait for the slants to find the open area because there is no pressure. Go straight man, they just hot route that inside slot to a slant against a LB and you're finished. That doesn't even take into account when you play a team with a scramble threat at QB. Yeah, you can probably pick up tendencies and stop it a few times, but you have to stop it 3 (or 4) times in a row, which is pretty damn tough.

Can't blame him for booting him. That said, I would like my chances playing someone like that because I trust my ability to adjust and pick up on their tendencies.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #13
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaZart
Well I was running a balanced attack on the first two drives(Ace,I-form, Shotgun). When I saw that my qb would get sacked before I could drop back, I could only do quick screens or press pass button as soon as I snapped the ball. I know how to stop an out slant and toss but these plays my cbs and S's would stand until rb pass the line.o.s. Theres a difference between attacking weaknesses and abusing exploits.
One play you might find useful in a situation like this is Z Spot out of Shotgun Y Trips. The quick flat will usually come open pretty quickly. Once they adjust to sitting a corner on the flat, the slant/curl route or the corner route will be there. Slide your line to the play side and slide your QB a few steps to get an extra second and you'll be fine.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Whoa! its not impossible to stop. Usually players call 5 verts and hot route and inside and outside slant combo. There is a play in dime 326 called sink cover 2 that has hook zones and a spy. The key is to give them the same cover 2 man look and give up the slant a few times till they get in your territory. Then switch the sink cover 2 and they panic and throw a pick6. Its a chess match. Also you have to manually cover inside area.

Idk about the inside blitz though. Never seen it. I guess because i am in shotgun or pistol 99% of the time Most high ranks use the shake blitz crap with me especially out of the 155. Getting kicked out of that dyn sucked because I had invested so much time into all that recruiting.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #15
Rookie

Brotha2ThaNight's Arena

OVR: 5

you did right and gave him the

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »