Home

Starting a true fresh at a skill position over older players

This is a discussion on Starting a true fresh at a skill position over older players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Starting a true fresh at a skill position over older players

Quote:
Originally Posted by premeteam
When starting a senior at QB I'll have the CPU Pass Coverage slider at 50. The younger and less experience my QB has I will then up that slider by 5 pts for each year.

Ex.
Sr - 50
Jr - 55
Soph - 60
Fresh - 65

I don't feel much differentiates the way Senior and Freshman QB's play since you obviously control them so I figured by upping the pass coverage slider things will be a bit more challenging for that Freshman QB and encourage me to start the older more experienced QB's on the roster. If I bring in a stud freshman QB and want to start him though he and I must pay the dues of starting a true Freshman at QB. Makes things a lot more fun and it seems to be more realistic to me as well.
I can see a difference in the way a young/low-awr QB performs as compared to a fourth-year/high-awr QB. The young QB's seem to get rattled much easier, especially in a away games, and I start to see passes that are WAY off the mark.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I can see a difference in the way a young/low-awr QB performs as compared to a fourth-year/high-awr QB. The young QB's seem to get rattled much easier, especially in a away games, and I start to see passes that are WAY off the mark.
This. I see a big difference between the accuracy of my young guys (due to lower AWR and THA) than with my older ones, even with the same sliders even though I'm controlling the player.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #11
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Agree. I see huge differences between the older and younger. For my example above:

My frosh QB who I' decided to start for Missouri has 68 AWR, while the Senior QB who I've decided to put at QB2 has AWR of 65. However; in game situations I've noticed the frosh QB (even with higher AWR) gets rattled, makes those bad passes, etc. when compared with the senior.

I had a game on the road vs. Georgia where my frosh QB just wasn't cutting it. Screen shook everytime he lined up the offense, made overthrows to open receivers, fumbled on scrambles. I got frustrated and decided to throw in my backup Senior QB (with the lower AWR) and he remained calm. Screen didn't shake, he made his passes. Unfortunately it was too little too late....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »