Home

Global Editor

This is a discussion on Global Editor within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #17
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Global Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Been asking for this since being on Next-Gen.

They simply do not want gamer's having that type of functioning.
The system is already there to do on PC with Teambuilder, but they refuse.

It's simply a "Control" issue!
It's done that way on purpose to limit gamer access.
Especially with their football games.

If they gave such access, we would edit the game to behave at it's Best capacity on the current consol/game engine, making it difficult for them to justify purchasing the next release (esp since NOTHING ground breaking in the sports genre has came through this game).

That's why they will con't refuse to give such access with lame excuses.

You can also throw in the limited Camera editing access with this also.
Yeah. I guess Online Dynasty, Team Builder, the ability to take in game photos, Story Builder, and Online Anywhere did nothing to add to this console gen of sports games. All those features were pioneered by NCAA, and all were huge innovations to the genre we never had on PS2/XBOX.

It's cool, we get it, you don't like the series this gen--but give some credit where credit is due.

Follow me on Twitter: CMcLeod_EA https://twitter.com/CMcLeod_EA

www.EASports.com
Old 02-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Yeah. I guess Online Dynasty, Team Builder, the ability to take in game photos, Story Builder, and Online Anywhere did nothing to add to this console gen of sports games. All those features were pioneered by NCAA, and all were huge innovations to the genre we never had on PS2/XBOX.

It's cool, we get it, you don't like the series this gen--but give some credit where credit is due.
While all of that is true and are revolutionary for this generation of consoles, NONE of those have ANY affect on the on field gameplay. As a strictly offline gamer the online aspects mean very little to me however I do not doubt the importance of that to some people. The problem with this gen has always come back to gameplay and the fact that it has not improved in most areas from the PS2/XBOX and in many areas have gone backwards.

Now I'm a realist and realize that with the next generation of consoles around the corner a fully functional physics system (which would solve A LOT of issues) is unlikely. But as many have stated in this thread and others, a re-rated roster goes along way to making a very enjoyable (while still far from "perfect") simulation of football and a global editor would go along way.

I do appreciate your hard work and dedication to NCAA and I play it almost every day, but I can't help but feel that gameplay is getting to the short end of the stick (or money). Without gameplay nobody will want to play, online or off, with Ohio state or a created team, on there couch or on the bus.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #19
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn85
While all of that is true and are revolutionary for this generation of consoles, NONE of those have ANY affect on the on field gameplay. As a strictly offline gamer the online aspects mean very little to me however I do not doubt the importance of that to some people. The problem with this gen has always come back to gameplay and the fact that it has not improved in most areas from the PS2/XBOX and in many areas have gone backwards.

Now I'm a realist and realize that with the next generation of consoles around the corner a fully functional physics system (which would solve A LOT of issues) is unlikely. But as many have stated in this thread and others, a re-rated roster goes along way to making a very enjoyable (while still far from "perfect") simulation of football and a global editor would go along way.

I do appreciate your hard work and dedication to NCAA and I play it almost every day, but I can't help but feel that gameplay is getting to the short end of the stick (or money). Without gameplay nobody will want to play, online or off, with Ohio state or a created team, on there couch or on the bus.
On a plane or on a train, on a boat or in my winter coat...

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #20
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14

All the things you mentioned, but one, are things that deal with the online aspect of the game. As the poster later said... THE GAMEPLAY SUCKS. This USED to be at least the best sports game, if not the best video game and it's nearly unplayable when compared to past NCAA gen games and current games out. FIX IT!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #21
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

As someone who has spent countless hours and hours working on rosters to make the gameplay better, I cannot stress how much I would love to have a global editor!!!

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #22
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppkid91
I agree. I'm for full editing of everything. I want to be able to drop a teams prestige from 6 to 2 stars or change a conference's prestige from D+ to A whenever I want. I wish Ea would give us more control of our game.
the reason they will probably never do anything like this is because of the fact that it is a game that comes out every year. If they were to allow full editing of every aspect of the game people could buy one year of NCAA and be set for a long time, updating rosters/school prestiges and the like on their own.

The said thing is, EAs goal with sports game isn't to make the absolute best possible game imaginable. It's to make minor improvements that keep people buying the game year after year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »