Home

Question about Coach Sliders/Tendencies....

This is a discussion on Question about Coach Sliders/Tendencies.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5
Question about Coach Sliders/Tendencies....

Alright so I thought I understood how the coach tendencies worked (Run O/Pass O; Agg/Con, etc.), but after seeing Luv's rosters and looking over the coach tendencies I wanted to get some clarification.

Ok, so the slider is set up as such (Example here is Houston's coach, Kevin Sumlin)

Wouldnt this be correct for a coach who plans on a pass heavy offense? I always understood it that the value on the left would be the run offense value and the value on the right would be the pass offense value. However, Luv's rosters seem to have it switched. Ex. Ga. Tech's run to pass is 25-75. The bar is basically the same as the picture I posted above.

Does anyone have any help? Am I right or wrong in my understanding or are the values Luv inserted correct? Thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Rookie

stigs007's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Question about Coach Sliders/Tendencies....

I'd actually like to know the same thing, and Georiga Tech's was one I noticed as well.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

If it's the same as NCAA 11 then the slider is a pass % slider. The left being the lowest amount of pass attempts. Out of the box 11's coaching sliders were pretty jacked IMO, as the triple option schools were set too high, and you would see GA Tech throwing 25 times a game.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
Rookie

stigs007's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
If it's the same as NCAA 11 then the slider is a pass % slider. The left being the lowest amount of pass attempts. Out of the box 11's coaching sliders were pretty jacked IMO, as the triple option schools were set too high, and you would see GA Tech throwing 25 times a game.
So in that pictured example above, the team would pass 70% of the time? Seems odd the bar looks to be slid towards the run, but the numbers indicate pass.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigs007
So in that pictured example above, the team would pass 70% of the time? Seems odd the bar looks to be slid towards the run, but the numbers indicate pass.
Sorry, my phone didn't show the pic.

To me, based on what I found in '11, that slider in the pic is backwards. That represents a run heavy offense, with only passing 30% of the time, unless the sliders were flipped or glitched in '12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Sorry, my phone didn't show the pic.

To me, based on what I found in '11, that slider in the pic is backwards. That represents a run heavy offense, with only passing 30% of the time, unless the sliders were flipped or glitched in '12.
This doesn't make any sense. The left side of the bar should represent the left side of the fraction (run offense) and vice versa. If what you say is true, then the entire bar represents only the passing offense (30%).
Old 10-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
This doesn't make any sense. The left side of the bar should represent the left side of the fraction (run offense) and vice versa. If what you say is true, then the entire bar represents only the passing offense (30%).
The bar can be confusing the way it is shown/labeled. I can only speak of my ongoing experience with NCAA '11, but to me it looks the same as '12.

After running several test Dynasties, certain things popped out at me. Sim stats for GA Tech and Army just didnt look right as the QB was registering pass attempts in the mid 20's. After looking at these sliders, I found these teams were set similar to what is pictured above, in the 30's. I dropped it to lowest setting (15 I believe) and the stats began to look correct. I also noticed that this impacted the teams while playing them as well.
I found so many teams basically set to a balanced attacks with the slider around the 50 mark, and many shouldn't have been there. For example, I lowered Miss St. down to 25-30 and they began to look like Miss St. Nebraska/Augurn are other teams that this affected as well. Houston, if I remember right, was at around 55/60 default, so I upped them to 70 or 75 and they started to truly play like Houston.

The Defense Aggression slider has a huge impact as well. This impacts the constant blitzing calls by the CPU, and of course, default settings were pretty wacky. I dropped most teams to the 25-30 range, and set aggressive teams to the 50-55 range.
My gameplay experience took such a huge upswing with these changes, and is probably why I am still content playing '11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »