Home

Something to ponder...

This is a discussion on Something to ponder... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0
Something to ponder...

Best Buy messed up on the pre-order DLC for Battlefield 3, which in the end gave you 2 game add-ons instead of the one they promised. I just got an email saying that Best Buy gave me a $10 gift card for their mistake, which wasn't really a mistake. I thought this was a very nice move on their part.

On the other hand, in the description of Title update #4, EA more or less stated that NCAA 12 is a broken game and to wait until NCAA 13 comes out for stuff to be fixed. I think they should try to do something where if you bought NCAA 12, you get 13 for at least 25% off. Don't know how this would work, but it needs to be done. Or sell NCAA 13 to everybody for at most $45. Just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: Something to ponder...

How avout firing their leader and hiring a more competitant leader to lead the program in the right direction.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16

Nothing will ever be fixed, or fixable, unless they get rid of decade old code and rebuild this engine from scratch. You can't just keep throwing in new code and/or editing old code and not expect new issues to arise each time you do it.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
Nothing will ever be fixed, or fixable, unless they get rid of decade old code and rebuild this engine from scratch. You can't just keep throwing in new code and/or editing old code and not expect new issues to arise each time you do it.
Exactly. They NEED to do this. But they most likely won't. "Too much work". We just need another company to come out with another NCAA game, that'll light a fire under EA's ***.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
How avout firing their leader and hiring a more competitant leader to lead the program in the right direction.

Itll get to that point. I think there have been enough complaints to the EA office for them to consider moving in that direction. I too think they need someone else leading the EA NCAA Football team because its just not cutting it right now. The game is a really good game but there are some flaws that should never have shown up either and that comes from a lack of QC and production. But just give it time, either they will get better or EA will look at changes in management in the future if it doesnt get better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Ponder went to the NFL, bro.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Doesn't even make sense, Broseph Stalin. If I was talking about him I would've capitalized it...
Old 10-31-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Really bro, really?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »