Home

What exactly IS the tendency bug?

This is a discussion on What exactly IS the tendency bug? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
What exactly IS the tendency bug?

I'm seeing all of the upset peeps about this issue, but what is it exactly? I haven't bought NCAA (luckily?), but remember the issue originally being that when editing players, their tendency would change from something like "Scrambler" to "Balanced" thus affecting the way they played in LIVE games.

I heard that was fixed...now what's the issue? What is happening with the recruits in regards to tendencies?

I'd love to get into NCAA and an OD, but obvioulsy not if the tendency problem's going to destroy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What exactly IS the tendency bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I'm seeing all of the upset peeps about this issue, but what is it exactly? I haven't bought NCAA (luckily?), but remember the issue originally being that when editing players, their tendency would change from something like "Scrambler" to "Balanced" thus affecting the way they played in LIVE games.

I heard that was fixed...now what's the issue? What is happening with the recruits in regards to tendencies?

I'd love to get into NCAA and an OD, but obvioulsy not if the tendency problem's going to destroy the game.

I posted another thread about the same thing because I was unclear about it being fixed. I thought I read that patch 2 fixed the existing roster and players however I'm also reading that the issue exists well into future years of the dynasty.

It would be annoying but doable if the bug only affected the players on my team that I edit since I never edit other teams players. However if freshman coming in are randomly affected or ALL affected then it seems like way too much hassle to deal with.

Can anyone offer a definitive answer on this? Thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

Ok. The issue is all recruits come in with, one tendancy and it gets switched the next season, the only way to fix it is by editing the recruit.

So the only work around us to edit every recruit every year one your team and teams you play. Four years down the road you will have to edit every single player because they are all new with their tendency switched.

Pretty unacceptable, and three forest.thing I will check in ncaa 13.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 13

And its pretty much the icing on the cake that sent the game over the edge for many many fans. With the developers pretty much saying that patch 4 would be it because it was "too hard to fix", it just made many people mad.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

TBH, I didn't even know about it until I came onto OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4

And their tendencies truly change the way they play?

A Scrambler QB will run and a Pocket QB will not...regardless of attributes?

There's a difference between Speed and Possession WRs as far as actual stats and game play are concerned?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ckdabeast
TBH, I didn't even know about it until I came onto OS.
Same. And it still doesn't bother me.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop
And their tendencies truly change the way they play?

A Scrambler QB will run and a Pocket QB will not...regardless of attributes?

There's a difference between Speed and Possession WRs as far as actual stats and game play are concerned?
That's what I'm trying to understand.

QB: scrambler v pocket passer. A scrambler has a higher "run out of the pocket" frequency than a pocket passer. Programmatically, this makes sense to me, in that code can be written to handle this. It also has a big impact on gameplay.

HB and other positions, see below. Here's what I posted in the Patch 4 thread:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3

[/b]

Nah... It is actually pretty noticeable with other postions as well. For instance, say the tendency is switched to power on a running back whose correct tendency is speed. That 180-190 lb running back will try to use power moves, instead of the jukes and spins because the tendency tells the CPU which moves to use. It is also very noticeable with corners and safeties pass coverage abilities.
That makes sense. I'll buy it affecting HBs.

But what about every other position?

WR: speed v possession. Does a speed receiver that gets switched to possession suddenly run slower, but is catching better? (Not sure if this even happens...I thought it was just balanced getting switched to one of the non-balanced.) Or a possession gets switched to speed and suddenly runs faster, but is catching worse? Why are they not just playing to their ratings, regardless of their tendency?

Same for TE: blocking v receiving

OL: pass v run. On a run play, are pass OL using different run block ratings than a run OL?

DL: pass rusher v run stopper. This might be another position where it's somewhat affected, like HBs, with the Finesse v Power Moves.

LB: coverage v run stopper. Same as WR, TE, OL. Why aren't they all just playing to their ratings on every play, regardless of tendency? How would a coverage getting switched to run stopper suddenly be worse at pass coverage?

DB: coverage v hard hitter. Same as LBs

K/P: accurate v power. Shouldn't they be using their KPW and KAC on every kick anyway? What difference does their tendency make?

Yes, the bug is annoying and it should have been fixed. But outside of QBs, HBs, and maybe DL, I don't understand how it could have that much of an impact on gameplay for every position.

Last edited by BigDuke; 11-02-2011 at 08:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »