Home

OS Roundtable: The Player Tendencies Snafu - Short Term Blunder or Long Term Mistake?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: The Player Tendencies Snafu - Short Term Blunder or Long Term Mistake? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
At this point it doesn't matter...only next year will be the true test to see if anything will change. EA already has their money and gamers are left with a half done game.

It isn't that horrible to play but the fact EA has either just given up on fixing some issues or just don't know what to do to fix it shows that EA Sports needs to look for another staff as well as a better Q&A team. Maybe some people that aren't tied to a video game site (sorry OS) but that's the only way they can get a real response a genuine response. This needs to happen 8 months before projected release date and all the way up til 3 months before. That way the testers have enough to play through at least 2 or 3 dynasty seasons and play some online games as well.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #10
Banned

I can say...I have bought NCAA & Madden for years...An this year Games will be the LAST year EA gets my money, until they can stop using gamers as beta tester and still don't fix what is wrong...EA just don't give a rat's butt bout us, I bet EA don't put up with a worker coming in late, or not working...They would send his butt down the road..So thats just what am doing with EA...sending there butt down the road, I will pick up another football game when a company outside of EA makes one...issues are ok just don't patch a fix for one and it don't fix it, EA WOULD HAVE TO BRING ME INTO THERE BUILDING AND LET ME SEE THERE TEAM WORK ON FOOTBALL GAME'S FOR A YEAR, BEFORE I CAN EVEN BELIEVE THEY EVEN SPEND THAT MUCH TIME ON THEM,
Old 11-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
Banned

bILLDO'!!!!!!!!! you hit the nail on the head, Friend..exclusive license/monopoly...Is why we don't have good football games today...And EA can't say it's not, cause we all know that if 2K still made football games. We the gamers would have Two'!!!!! not ONE...But Two Awesome NFL games to pick from...But no EA paints the box pretty and dump this junk on us....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #12
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Fantastic write-up and I agree with 100% of what is written here.

I'll be waiting at least a month in the future before I purchase NCAA so I can find out exactly what the patches have done.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: OS Roundtable: The Player Tendencies Snafu - Short Term Blunder or Long Term Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
Fantastic write-up and I agree with 100% of what is written here.

I'll be waiting at least a month in the future before I purchase NCAA so I can find out exactly what the patches have done.
You can't just wait a month, better wait until December after all the patches have dropped. There hasn't ever been an EA patch that I can recall that didn't break something that was working before.

I point everyone to Fight Night Champion. The game was decent at launch with some freezing glitches that needed to be addressed. Fast forward 3 patches later. TKO's and damage were removed from the game, the boxers became very stiff and it became impossible to lose to the AI because the stamina was destroyed and the AI became a zombie by the 4th round. I repeat, the game played 100 times better at launch and people are begging for them just to give us the launch day game back.

Oh, and the freezing issue in Legacy that I mentioned. Never addressed.

I think some members of the FNC team now work on the NCAA franchise.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I think this will definitely have long-term ramifications for people like us that play mostly sports games and visits sites dedicated to sports gaming. I'm not sure how that translates to overall sales numbers; I bet if you asked most casual players of NCAA, they'd have no clue about the tendency bug.

I've fought with this game tooth-and-nail to get it playable and I think I've done an OK job at doing so. That being said, there's no way I'm buying this game next year until all the patches have been released. NCAA 12 made me jump through way too many hoops and I just don't have the time or patience to deal with this again next year.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
All EA Game Changers have lost credibility in my eyes. They went down there how many times for NCAA 12 ? Like around 8 or 10 times ? I know it was a lot and the last time was in June. But yet this is the buggiest game in the series. Kind of makes one wonder what the hell they were doing down there all the times they were down there.

Not only did they go down there that many times, but a good number of them have direct access email and phone wise with the producers and other lead programmers. So to me it is like how can you have direct access and don't speak up ? That whole program needs to be scrapped because out of the 2 or 3 years that program been in place, they haven't changed a damn thing or improved anything either. I am still seeing the same problems that was in 08, 09, 10 still in NCAA 12. So to me, they serve no purpose other then to hype the game.

EA needs to go back to the way they use to be before patches. IMO they are so dependent and reliant on patches, they putting out half baked games. Idea be good, but the execution be terrible. I honestly don't believe they even play their own game against the CPU. I think they only play head to head against other humans and that is the problem.

You can just play ONE game against the CPU and come away with a notebook full of problems with the CPU AI. So how in the world did the EA Game Changers, QA department, producers and everybody else that was involved in the game NOT see that many obvious issues with the game ?

All these sports games developers are taking consumers for granted and it is SAD. Man if they ever put Madden and NCAA back on the PC, we wouldn't have these problems because gamers themselves would have fixed the problems with mods.

Honestly this has been a very disappointing summer for me. College football is my favorite sport. But it has been full of misinformation and question dodging. It is like they just there to collect a pay check and don't care or have pride in what they put out in the market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
I'm not very tech savvy at all, so I rely on the guys around here to let us know what are fixable issues and EXACTLY how to go about it...

Therefore it seems to me that all the rationalizations and excuses offered up by the developers are pretty weak, at best...

'Skillz mentioned "pride" in his post re: workmanship, etc...

What ever happened to "fear of getting fired"?

I've never had this much latitude to fail in my professional endeavors...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »