Home

What is so bad about this game?

This is a discussion on What is so bad about this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What is so bad about this game?

While I love this game and think it's the 2nd best sports game I've ever played, it definitely has its issues. I know of them all and I still enjoy the game, but a lot of people don't. If you're having fun with it, I'd recommend that you adopt a "head in the sand" approach towards it. Even though OS users have a lot of very vocal opponents of the game, I'd bet that vast majority of people who play the game (most of which I'm sure don't peruse forums for the game) have a blast with it because they don't know of the issues others have with it.

While I have no problem enjoying it despite its known flaws, if you think these could sour you on the game, just don't read about the issues and have a blast with the game yourself.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
Nope, Didn't realise. Sure there are a lot of glitches but it seems like a great improvement over last year.
Man...Thats always the silver lining logic with EA sports titles and fans of football are tired of it man. Its good for some but for folks who want to really play football, EA's claim to this being the best thing besides real saturdays is a lie and a travesty. A game that doesnt even have penalties or the animations to correspond to them is downright sad and its been that way since NCAA first came out on 360....so....5 years now and the fundamentals of football are still broken? Crowd still looks bad, stadiums are still wrong for many fans, players still look cartoonish and less liek they should...I mean just take the pads and legs for instance. It doesnt look right. I mena is it fun? Sure...but is dynasty worth your time...I would rather receive an unlubbed catheter. (hope that doesnt go against any rules) I dont know...so many issues but hey...it is better than last years I suppose.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
-wrs not attempting to catch balls
-balls hitting wrs in head
Came here to say this. You know how flustering this is when it happens on 3rd down?! make me wanna rip my hair out!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Also, blocking schemes are extremely unrealistic. News flash EA, not everyone uses a man power scheme.

Basically, if you're looking for a quick, good time with your friends, it's a good game. However, if you're looking for a realistic, immersive, football experience, this isn't the game for you.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #13
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Hey guys, Long time lurker first time poster here. I'm a huge football fan from Northern Ireland and I don't want to buy Madden this year but I finally found a website that sells NCAA 12 to the UK for not that much so I bought it.

My question to you guys is what is so bad about this game? I keep reading things about how the game is so bad. I played the demo and thought it was quite good, obviously there is room for improvement but it was still a good start.
Is it a perfect game? No. Is it worth a purchase? Certainly.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #14
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Is it a perfect game? No. Is it worth a purchase? Certainly.
Certainly? HA!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
Rookie

dlions20's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFB13
Also, blocking schemes are extremely unrealistic. News flash EA, not everyone uses a man power scheme.

Basically, if you're looking for a quick, good time with your friends, it's a good game. However, if you're looking for a realistic, immersive, football experience, this isn't the game for you.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

This is what I hate. I wanna play with Michigan but can't because it is damn near impossible to run a legit read-option in this game. To me, the run blocking in this game is pathetic. They continue to not make this realistic. Linebackers know exactly when I am going to run the ball and Olinemen let go of there blocks constantly. It really is pathetic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #16
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Nope, Didn't realise. Sure there are a lot of glitches but it seems like a great improvement over last year.
To me, NCAA 11 was better. And better than them all were the NCAA games on the PS2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »