Home

What is so bad about this game?

This is a discussion on What is so bad about this game? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #33
Rookie

KuruptOwnz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What is so bad about this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
There is a difference in continuing to do something for a little time for football. Its a whole lot different entirely to continue to buy the same broken game year after year. The last one I bought was in 09. Only reason I got 12 was because of coaching carousel. I have no other football game anymore other than 12. Im not going to waste anymore money for another EA product than I already have.
Fine.

However, do you have to mention this in EVERY post?
Old 11-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruptOwnz
Fine.

However, do you have to mention this in EVERY post?
Dont like it dont read it.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 11-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #35
Rookie

kingcobra85's Arena

OVR: 1

Ok I don't post a lot on here, I'm more of a "read to get info" kind of guy, but the way some of you go on and on about how this game is unplayable is just ridiculous. Most of these "glitches" you guys talk about can be fixed with simple tweaks, such as slider settings and slight roster modifications. I know some of you are gonna be like "but we shouldn't have to use sliders or edit the rosters", and I agree, but look at it this way, you also have the ability to do so, so why not use it to make the game better. Look up some sliders in the sliders section, there's plenty for everyone, find the one that works best for you. And as far as the roster editing goes, most of the problems can be simply fixed by editing the awareness rating, i suggest at least 80. This will make HUGE differences in how your players execute assignments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #36
Rookie

KuruptOwnz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Dont like it dont read it.
Here's a thought; If you hate EA and the game so much, why don't you leave? This is an NCAA Football forum, a game you clearly hate, why post here?
Old 11-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im with you I just finished year five offline dynasty with Mich. State and finally won National championship in overtime against Notre Dame. The feeling you get when you win from recruiting your players, playing the tough schedule is of accomplishment. I didn't download 2-4 of patches and tweaked MK Marshs sliders and have had great games with realistic outcomes. I can't believe all the negatives people have, but I remember trying to break into online play with ncaa 10 and here I was playing good games with others and they would quit the game if I was going to win ! I'd rather set up good offline dynasties and have fun then worry about what glitches you can't always fix with ncaa games. Has it improved yes, is it perfect no, will it do until football season is over absolutely.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 13

because I didnt always hate the games. They need to get their act together and make the game how use to be.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 11-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #39
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
I can understand that. I only started watching football 3 years ago and have only been playing football games since Madden 10. I've only been watching college football for a year.

By the way, This was a genuine question. I haven't played the full game and I just wanted to know what was wrong with it.
Oh no man I knew that I was just kinda giving you the backdrop on the frustration with EA sports. I can go on and on on why EA's football department in general is a sad company (which I wont). I will say though I will go with what someone else said here in this thread NCAA11 was a heck of lot better game GAMEPLAY wise that 12. Juking and RB moves worked IMMENSELY 100X better than this year and I actually played the mess out of it. After this years nasty outing I wished they would have just added all the presentation and accesories to last years title and it would have been way better than this years mess
Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #40
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
Hey guys, Long time lurker first time poster here. I'm a huge football fan from Northern Ireland and I don't want to buy Madden this year but I finally found a website that sells NCAA 12 to the UK for not that much so I bought it.

My question to you guys is what is so bad about this game? I keep reading things about how the game is so bad. I played the demo and thought it was quite good, obviously there is room for improvement but it was still a good start.

heres the thing... if you look at this game by itself, its not a bad game. But people who have been buying games from this series for many years are frustrated that the game is not where they expect it to be. Others feel ripped off that they continue to pay money and don't get that drastic of an improvement. Others look for the negatives and then magnify them. Its understandable for people who have been buying these games all these years to be upset when a game has glitches but don't let others opinions dictate things for you. If you're enjoying the demo, you'll enjoy the game. Decide for yourself and don't let others tell you what you should feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »