Home

Questions about customs teams, PLEASE...

This is a discussion on Questions about customs teams, PLEASE... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

OVR: 3
Questions about customs teams, PLEASE...

I've created quite a few teams on the teambuilder site and have surpassed the 12 team limit to download them to my console. I'm willing to pay for the extra slots, but will I still have access to them on the teambuilder site and on my 360 when EA shuts the servers down a year or two from now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Questions about customs teams, PLEASE...

The way it has been working is once you create a team it stays with the teambuilder site. It is just compatible with whatever year you created the team.

For example I created a team for NCAA 10 when the teambuilder site came out. It is for NCAA 10. But when 11 came out I went back to the teambuilder site and the team was still there it was just flagged for 10. So just click edit on the team and you get the following pop-up

"WARNING The school you are attempting to edit was created on a previous version of NCAA Football. If you select continue this school will be transferred over to be compatible with the newest version of NCAA Football. Selecting cancel will abort the transfer process."

Click accept and it makes the original team you created ready for NCAA 11. So when NCAA 12 comes out I repeat the process. Log on to teambuilder find the team (it will be flagged for NCAA 11). Click edit get the warning box. Click accept. Done the team you created in NCAA 10 is now converted for NCAA 12.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

OVR: 3

Ok, but what if I decide to stick with NCAA 12 and not purchase the next one? When they eventually shut the servers down, will the teams on my console still be any good? Example: I create a team X and load them on my 360. Next year servers are shut down, so the game is obviously only good for offline play. When I boot up the game, will it be unable to load team X due to EA servers no longer supporting the game?
Old 11-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

I can't say with certainty, but I do know that teams I have from NCAA 11 are still there and available. I do not see the teams I created for NCAA 10 and didn't update them. They may be available for 10, but I don't know for sure. So maybe they keep one year back available. Sorry I can't give you a better answer
Old 11-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Rookie

GoJays09's Arena

OVR: 1
Angry Re: Questions about customs teams, PLEASE...

I created some teams for NCAA 10 and have not bought any new version of NCAA since. How can I edit my teams so they do not convert to the newest game and I can still play as them on 10?

Last edited by GoJays09; 11-27-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: More details
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

I don't believe you can. I just wen to the teambuilder site and you can go back to the 11 site, but there is not a link to the 10 site. I also tried to change the address for 11 by subbing in the 10 for the 10 home page. No dice

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home current active
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder11#/home 2011 active
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder10#/home 2010 404 error
Old 11-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #7
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

Although if you never delete them from your game you will always have access to them, but once the servers are shut down if you do not have a team downloaded i don't think you can get it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »