Home

A hell of a game

This is a discussion on A hell of a game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2003, 05:38 PM   #1
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
A hell of a game

Well, I started a dynasty with Kentucky because I figured they aren't a horrible team(though pretty bad) and have a very tough schedule. So after a 3-1 start(loss to Alabama), I play Florida in Kentucky.

I got off to a fast start scoring on my first possesion, but the Gators came right back to tie it up 7 all. So after a possession or 2 of Stalemates, I put together a 12 play, all runs, drive to put another 7 on the board. But Florida was relentless, putting up a 7 of there own. Late in the 2nd quarter, I'm able to put up another 7, making it 21-14 at half time and momentum in my favor. To start the second half, I couldn't be touched, scoring in the 3rd quarter and forcing 2 intereceptions also in the 3rd quarter.

Now to the 4th quarter with a 28-14 score in favor of the Wildcats. Florida came out ready to go and were able to put up a score making the game 28-21. I tried my best to put a drive together but I just couldn't do it. But neither could the Gators. I get the ball back feeling the pressure and knowing how important it would be if I put up seven, or even 3, but I just can't get it going. After a coaching error on my part, the Gators score and hit the extra point tieing the game at 28 a peice. They left a minute and a half on the clock, so I figured I'd try and move it down the field. I got to the opposite 45 and failed on a fourth down conversion, leaving them very little time. The Gators would drive down just inside the 20 and attempt a field goal....... NO GOOD! End of Regulation.

In overtime, I won the toss and elected to go on defense. They would move the ball down inside the 5 and fail to score on 3 plays and were forced to settle for a field goal. So then, I figured I'd drive down nice and easy and get the touchdown, but the Gators had other plans. They'd make me go 3 and a field goal. So after 1 OT series, the score is tied 31-31.

To overtime 2. Now I have the ball first, and I would make sure take advantage of Florida and drive down for the score and nail the extra point, 38-31. So now I'm determined to stuff the Gators, but on 3rd and long, they sneak by my safeties and into the end zone for a score and would make the extra point.

On to overtime number 3. The Gators have the ball first and after a few successful plays get down inside the 5 to the 3 yard line. First play they run up the gut and get it to the 1, then they run a QB sneak and take it in for the score. So now the pressure is on again. I run on first down, no gain. I run on second down, loss of 1. I pass on 3rd and 11, it goes into my recievers hands then he is popped and drops it. 4th down. I go back to my bread and butter play. Lorenzen drops back with time, fires, complete... but the defender makes an excellent play and stops my reciever less than a yard from the line. It was hard for me to look at the replay because I didn't wanna look and see that I got jipped, but I did anyway and it turns out I wasn't jipped, the ball never crossed the line... in fact, I barely crossed it.

Game Over. 46-38 in 3 overtimes. The Gators move to number 5-0 and I drop to 3-2, both losses coming in the conference.

Good game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2003, 08:55 PM   #2
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: A hell of a game

Congrats on the great game, did it make your "greatest games" list and if so, what was the score?
Old 09-18-2003, 08:58 PM   #3
MVP

bgeno's Arena

It made it with a score of just over 1100 I think, only number 3 on my list... kinda disappointing considering that HAD to be my best game, though I lost.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:04 PM   #4
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah, but thats still respectable.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:36 AM   #5
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

I just started a season with Kentucky too. I wanted to be a sec team but not a great sec team. I lost my 1st game to louisville 31-28. How many minute quarters are you playing with kentucky?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2003, 04:13 PM   #6
MVP

bgeno's Arena

I play seven minute quarters on All-American. I just upset undefeated Mississippi State and moved to 6-2. To me, All-American is the most fun difficulty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »