Home

Help Settle a Debate

This is a discussion on Help Settle a Debate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20
Help Settle a Debate

Me and this guy I know can't agree so we are going to let OS decide. My Friend goes for a strip every, every, every (did I say every) single time he goes for a tackle. After many games of him doing this every tackle I finally called him on his obvious cheesing. He actually had the nerve to tell me how much of a sim player he is and that going for a strip every tackle is "part of the game."
My argument is really 2 points.
1. In real football you can't go for a strip on every tackle (like you can in NCAA) and still have a shot at bringing the ball carrier down. In NCAA 12 you can get away with going for a strip and almost always still make the tackle. In real life the speed of the game, momentum, body position etc would not allow for this.Therefore CHEESE

2. It is an obvious exploit of the game. If you have played much NCAA you know with standard sliders you can strip the ball with a very high rate of success. Knowing that stripping the ball is much easier than it should be or is in real life yet doing it every, every every, play is an obvious exploit. Therefore CHEESE

Ok OS there you have it. We leave it up for you decide.
Is going for a strip every single tackle cheese?
PS4: Nothing currently
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 02:10 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Help Settle a Debate

Absolutely.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Just put gameplan to conservative on big runs. It'll neutralize what he's doing. It is cheese because real life teams very rarely go for a strip. Big hits are 20x more common than strip tackles in real life. But you can counter what he's doing just fine.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:23 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Going for a strip every play is not part of real football, so it does not fall under the category of sim play, you're right he's wrong. In fact, just the opposite would be considered sim, most coaches would tell you to square up to the ball carrier, and most importantly, wrap up, which you can't do if you're trying to strip the ball.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

cheese. not allowed in any respectable dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

This is a video game.

That is all.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinds7
This is a video game.

That is all.
This video game represents the sport of football and claims to be a "football simulator." So, I don't understand what you're trying to really say. If that is your attitude towards the game, then OS might not be the best place for you.

On topic, I say cheese. On default sliders you're going to have nearly no risk going for a strip every tackle. The sliders I use have tackle near 0, or maybe even 0, I don't remember exactly, but I hardly ever go for a strip unless the ball carrier is already wrapped up by another defender also, or I really need a strip no matter what. Going for a strip with the tackle slider lower results in a broken tackle 8/10 times in my dynasty for me and the CPU.

― Plato
Old 11-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Tyrann Mattheiu says hello to anyone who says going for a strip on every tackle isn't true.

But, i will say its on the edge of Cheese BUT, set your big run to conservative and enjoy gaining an extra yard or two on every play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »