Home

Major Flaw with Recruiting

This is a discussion on Major Flaw with Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Major Flaw with Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I think the main problem is that they're using the SPARQ rating this year and not Rivals. SPARQ rates basically for athleticism, something WR/HBs excel at. Basically, it's not a good rating system to have recruiting built around. They need to go back to Rivals or something if they want even 5*s and not just skill positions.
The SPARQ rating is junk. I'm getting sick of these new so-called scientific/mathematical rating systems invented to justify how some average player is better then a great player...see ESPU's QBR rating.

EA needs to put the Rivals (or ESPN) Top 100/150 back in the game. If they insist on using the SPARQ, then have it be a sub-ranking for just HBs, WRs, ATHs.

It screws up the recruiting class rankings, which then screw up some of the coach contract goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2011, 08:52 PM   #26
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

i seen 4 5* DT , 5 5*DE in my online dynasty im in
Old 01-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushNstien
i seen 4 5* DT , 5 5*DE in my online dynasty im in
What recruiting difficulty? I find there are less good players on Heisman but could be wrong.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think the reason there are more good players at the skill positions this year is based on last year. Last year the OVR teams ratings were terrible once you got to year 5 or so in Dynasty. Plus the CPU recruiting logic is terrible. If you had 3 5* HB's I could see them going to Boise, TCU and W. Michigan.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #29
Rookie

BathSaints's Arena

OVR: 2

I also think there is some kind of over-dependence on team needs. If I need a RB, I find many are interested.

But worse, I find if a prestigious team has needs at a position (particularly a skill position) they will hoover up the majority of top recruits in that position.

Once I saw Oregon have the top recruiting class with 9 5* prospects - which I have never seen the CPU achieve. Only it turned out to be 6 of them were 5* RBs and the other 3 were ATHs. Looked at their depth chart and they definitely needed a RB.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #30
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
What recruiting difficulty? I find there are less good players on Heisman but could be wrong.
I'm not really sure, I'll check later but I'm guess it's on varsit
EDIT:its on AA

Last edited by KushNstien; 01-05-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #31
Banned

ScaryChris's Arena

OVR: 0

We've had multiple 5* LB/DE/DT/CB these past 2 season, in my online dyn. Weird because that's never happened before. Recruiting difficulty is on heisman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryChris
We've had multiple 5* LB/DE/DT/CB these past 2 season, in my online dyn. Weird because that's never happened before. Recruiting difficulty is on heisman

I read that in NCAA 11, the recruiting difficulty seemed to only reduce the number of Change Topics we got. AA = 2, Heisman = 1. I never looked into though. I don't know if/how NCAA 12 is any different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »