Home

I am so sick and tired of...

This is a discussion on I am so sick and tired of... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am so sick and tired of...

Of overthrowing WR by 1 inch. Why can't EA patch this, it happens every game for me and cost me so many passing yards and TDs. Why cant the WR put his hands up and attempt to catch the ball, the DBs sure know how to slide and catch a ball nowhere near them. It mostly happens on deep balls, but sometimes it happens on simple out routes or slant routes. Does anyone else experience this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: I am so sick and tired of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randombagginz
Of overthrowing WR by 1 inch. Why can't EA patch this, it happens every game for me and cost me so many passing yards and TDs. Why cant the WR put his hands up and attempt to catch the ball, the DBs sure know how to slide and catch a ball nowhere near them. It mostly happens on deep balls, but sometimes it happens on simple out routes or slant routes. Does anyone else experience this problem?
sometimes i have games where i miss 5-6 deep balls to wide open receivers with 99 speed. there are some drives when i miss the first one, then the next 3 plays, i will run four verts and just throw it deep every play to test my theory that sometimes the game decides you cant complete deep passes. there are some possesions where the computer makes our qb overtrhow everything, even slants and there is not stopping it, it is the computer deciding they are going to take your qb's accuracy to 0.

my favorite is the game allowing a qb with 985-90 arm strength to throw a ball 80 yards in the air to purposely overthrow a wide pen 99 speed receiver. i have tested this theory over and over and it never fails. if on a drive you notice one of those terrible terrible throws for no reason, dedicate the next 3 plays to running money, ai abusing plays...deep balls, 4 verts, etc. you will overthrow them eery single time until the possession is over.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randombagginz
I would check the Awareness rating of the receivers in question. I think that a receiver with higher Awareness seems to make those plays more than another receiver with the same Catching rating but lower Awareness.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Rookie

In general the game makes deep passing much too easy. Most college QB's overthrow receivers with regularity, if anything passing is too precise for all but the most elite QB's in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »