Home

As a Head Coach, have you lost your assistants in coaching carousel?

This is a discussion on As a Head Coach, have you lost your assistants in coaching carousel? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: As a Head Coach, have you lost your assistants in coaching carousel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey
I am about 7-8 years into my Dynasty (started as an OC for UNCP then got the HC job at App. St.) and have performed well on both sides of the ball. I am seeing a number of OCs and DCs who's teams have not done well get offers for HC jobs or Coordinator jobs at more prestigious schools. I was wondering if the computer ever offers jobs to your assistants?

My first year at Cal we won the NC. We had the #1 defense in the country and in the offseason, Louisville hired my DC as their HC. In turn my school hired the DC from a 5-7 Kansas team(I had no control over any of it). I'm sure coaches have no effect on player performance at all. but, what i can say is under my current DC my defense have slid back to the middle of the pack. I'm in the last year of my first contract and if my DC is not replaced, I'm gonna explore my options lol!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

we are in year 3 of our OD, I haven't lost any of my staff at Pitt but...

our Maryland HC, who won the ACC in year 1 and finished 3rd in the ACC in year 2 was not re-upped this last off-season... and the OC from our USF coach's staff was hired to replace him at Maryland. out of the blue our Maryland coach quits the OD because of it... oh well it was funny to read play out in our forum, he was pissed.

we have tried to maintain a "no custom playbook" unofficial rule so that the OC and DC bring in new gameplans. I don't know if that even effects the play book but we have tried to keep it that way. everyone is adhering to the rule but there are at least 4 of us that are. for me it hasn't mattered since I've been able to keep my staff together.

I wish as HC in the carousel you could "request" certain types of playbooks/OCs be targeted so that you can keep your offense how you want it. not sure if the playbooks are tied to the HC or coordinator.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
we are in year 3 of our OD, I haven't lost any of my staff at Pitt but...

our Maryland HC, who won the ACC in year 1 and finished 3rd in the ACC in year 2 was not re-upped this last off-season... and the OC from our USF coach's staff was hired to replace him at Maryland. out of the blue our Maryland coach quits the OD because of it... oh well it was funny to read play out in our forum, he was pissed.

we have tried to maintain a "no custom playbook" unofficial rule so that the OC and DC bring in new gameplans. I don't know if that even effects the play book but we have tried to keep it that way. everyone is adhering to the rule but there are at least 4 of us that are. for me it hasn't mattered since I've been able to keep my staff together.

I wish as HC in the carousel you could "request" certain types of playbooks/OCs be targeted so that you can keep your offense how you want it. not sure if the playbooks are tied to the HC or coordinator.
They are tied to the head coach. Custom playbooks make for a lot of fun in an online dynasty I feel.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 19
So after a number of years at App St I was offered the HC job at Clemson (my dream job). My OC at App was given the HC job there. I've completed 2 seasons and after each one I lost my OC (1 to become HC of Rutgers and one to HC Missouri)...its cool to see. I keep waiting to see what happens with the DC at App St, their D has continued to be dominate and he has had high ratings for a few seasons but no one has offered him a job (I haven't even seen his name on lists for prospective candidates).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »